Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFaculteit der LetterenOrganisatieDiensten en voorzieningenMobility OfficeStudy AbroadStep 4: Preparation


Studying abroad: ‘Look at the world from a different perspective’

You must have proper insurance if you are going to spend a study period abroad.

It is a good idea to check with your insurance company whether your policy covers all costs in the country you are going to and whether you need any supplementary insurance. In addition, we recommend you notify your insurance company that you are going abroad, as some insurance policies include a duty to report. It is also a good idea to obtain an insurance declaration in the language of the country you are going to (or in English) that states how you are insured. You will then have all the necessary documents to hand in the event of an emergency abroad.

You will at least need the following types of insurance:

  • health insurance
  • travel insurance. The University of Groningen has a collective travel insurance for outgoing exchange students, valid for the duration of their exchange period. You can fill in the application form and hand it in at the Mobility Office. After confirmation of receiving your application we will send you further information like conditions, claim form and policy number.
  • funeral expenses insurance
  • third-party liability insurance

N.B.! You are responsible for arranging suitable insurance that also covers your study period abroad. The University of Groningen will not be held responsible for this.

Laatst gewijzigd:29 september 2017 15:48