Please check this webpage regularly, as additional information about the study start week and introduction period 2018-2019 will be placed here.
Study start week new first year students English bachelor of Psychology
Invitation for the first-year introduction lectures with information about the study start week. It is strongly recommended to visit the introduction lectures. A lot of practical information about the study will be given.
Schedule study startweek Psychology (see 2nd page for the English bachelor programme).
- Information about the University of Groningen Welcoming Ceremony
VIP is the study association for Psychology students at the University of Groningen. The goal of VIP is to offer support to students regarding their studies, and the opportunity to get to know one another. In the documents below you can read more about the association and all the activities. There is also a lot of information on the VIP website.
- Information about VIP (registration, book ordering with discount). Registration will take place on Monday 27th of August 2018 between 11:00h and 17:00h.
- Diesweek and introduction camp VIP
- You are expected to be aware of the general information, information about your study program, courses and the rules and guidelines. This information can be found at student.portal.rug.nl/infonet/studenten/gmw/studyinfo .
- Psychology Department University of Groningen.
- Facebook page for new international students at the faculty BSS, the University of Groningen. (Open to those who have officially been admitted for Bachelors and Masters programmes of the University of Groningen)
- Mindwise, the Department's blog: [http://www.mindwise-groningen] and https://www.facebook.com/mindwisegroningen.
- Welcoming for new international students
- Moving to Groningen: information for incoming international students
- Things to arrange before you arrive in Groningen
- Financial Matters
- Health services
- Things to arrange after your arrival in Groningen
- Prepare for your studies
- Groningen life
- Questions about (de-)registration, studielink, student card, change of address, tuition fee, etc.: www.rug.nl/insandouts.
- Map and route description to the Academic Building.
- Virtual tour through the Academic Building
- Overview of all university buildings
Welcoming Party first year students
- Welcoming PARTY for all first year students on 30 August in De Oosterpoort!
- Line-up: taster on: https://open.spotify.com/user/777hsy9f99t0h6pezm7n8dkwd/playlist/5HFx7yL3NujamURFDxGqTB
- Ticket sales start on 20 July 10 AM: http://welcomingparty.eventbrite.nl (12,50 early bird, including a free drink an a free limited edition t-shirt)
- Details: www.rug.nl/welcomingparty
Student Service Desk faculty BSS
Heymans building, first floor (near the Library)
Grote Kruisstraat 2/1,
9712 TS Groningen
Telephone: +31 50 363 6301
The Student Service Desk will be closed on:
- Friday 21 December 17.00 hrs till Wednesday 2 January: all university buildings are closed
- From January 2nd through January 4th, 2019, the Student Service Desk can be reached by phone between 09.00-12.00 and 13.00-17.00 on each working day.
In case you want to start reading already, you can find a literature list for almost all the courses in the course catalogue. Please note that literature can change in the new course catalogue and that in September, you will be able to buy books with a discount via the psychology student association, VIP.
If English is not your native language, it's a good idea to do some English reading during the summer. Starting with popular science books is a fun way to learn about Psychology topics while you are on the beach. To get you started, our Department's blog editors have picked their favourite summer books, which you can find here: http://mindwise-groningen.nl/summer-reading-2018.
Information for senior bachelor students
Overview of starting events bachelor Psychology. Invitations for the introduction lectures are to be found on the student portal, bachelor community.
|Last modified:||14 November 2018 2.34 p.m.|