Please check this webpage regularly, as additional information about the study start week and introduction period 2019-2020 will be placed here.
Study start week new first year students English bachelor of Psychology
- Invitation for the first-year introduction lectures with information about the study start week. It is strongly recommended to visit the introduction lectures. A lot of practical information about the study will be given.
- Schedule study startweek Psychology (see 2nd page for the English bachelor programme).
- Information about the University of Groningen Welcoming Ceremony
VIP is the study association for Psychology students at the University of Groningen. The goal of VIP is to offer support to students regarding their studies, and the opportunity to get to know one another. In the documents below you can read more about the association and all the activities. There is also a lot of information on the VIP website.
- Information about VIP (registration, book ordering with discount).
- Diesweek and introduction camp VIP
- You are expected to be aware of the general information, information about your study program, courses and the rules and guidelines. This information can be found at student.portal.rug.nl/infonet/studenten/gmw/studyinfo .
- BSS startguide 2019-2020. Important information for the first weeks at the faculty.
- On www.rug.nl/gmw/start-up-info/handige-tips you can find additional video tutorials for several programmes you will have to use e.g. to enroll for courses!
- Academic year calendar 2019-2020 (overview of teaching periods, exam weeks and vacations).
- Psychology Department University of Groningen.
- Facebook page for new international students at the faculty BSS, the University of Groningen. (Open to those who have officially been admitted for Bachelors and Masters programmes of the University of Groningen)
- Mindwise, the Department's blog: [http://www.mindwise-groningen] and https://www.facebook.com/mindwisegroningen.
- Welcoming for new international students
- Study in Groningen: student life, pre-departure guid, arrival guide, etc.
- Financial Matters: living expenses
- Living in the Netherlands: Health services, Dutch language, transport
- University Library
- Groningen life: discover your student city
- Get going in Groningen
- Questions about (de-)registration, studielink, student card, change of address, tuition fee, etc.: www.rug.nl/insandouts.
- Map and route description to the Academic Building.
- Virtual tour through the Academic Building
- Overview of all university buildings
In case you want to start reading already, you can find a literature list for almost all the courses in the course catalogue. Please note that literature can change in the new course catalogue and that in September, you will be able to buy books with a discount via the psychology student association, VIP.
If English is not your native language, it's a good idea to do some English reading during the summer. Starting with popular science books is a fun way to learn about Psychology topics while you are on the beach. To get you started, our Department's blog editors have picked their favourite summer books, which you can find here: http://mindwise-groningen.nl/summer-reading-2018.
Information for senior bachelor students
Overview of starting events bachelor Psychology. Invitations for the introduction lectures are to be found on the student portal, bachelor community.
|Last modified:||02 May 2019 11.48 a.m.|