Please check this webpage regularly, as additional information about the study start week and introduction period 2018-2019 will be placed here.
Study start week new first year students English bachelor of Psychology
- Invitation for the first-year introduction lectures with information about the study start week. It is strongly recommended to visit the introduction lectures. A lot of practical information about the study will be given.
- Schedule study startweek Psychology (see 2nd page for the English bachelor programme).
- Route description to the Medische Zaal, faculty Medical Sciences (location introduction lectures). You can stall your bike in the bicycle storage facility under the building.
- Information about the University of Groningen Welcoming Ceremony
VIP is the study association for Psychology students at the University of Groningen. The goal of VIP is to offer support to students regarding their studies, and the opportunity to get to know one another.
In the documents below you can read more about the association and all the activities. There is also a lot of information on our website: https://www.vipsite.nl/en/study-career/upcoming-first-year-psychology-students
- Course catalogue 2018-2019. Please note that you are expected to know the rules and regulations that are part of the course catalogue. We recommend that you read the general information, information about the programme, the courses, and the rules and regulations before the start of the semester. That way, you will be well-prepared for the first weeks, know what to expect, and get a chance to plan ahead. Please note that there might be updates.
- On www.rug.nl/gmw/start-up-info/handige-tips you can find additional video tutorials for several programmes you will have to use e.g. to enroll for courses!
- Academic year calendar 2018-2019 (overview of teaching periods, exam weeks and vacations).
- Moving to Groningen: information for incoming international students
- Things to arrange before you arrive in Groningen
- Financial Matters
- Health services
- Things to arrange after your arrival in Groningen
- Prepare for your studies
- Groningen life
- Questions about (de-)registration, studielink, student card, change of address, tuition fee, etc.: www.rug.nl/insandouts.
- Map and route description to the Academic Building.
- Virtual tour through the Academic Building
- Overview of all university buildings
Student Service Desk faculty BSS
Heymans building, first floor (near the Library)
Grote Kruisstraat 2/1,
9712 TS Groningen
Telephone: +31 50 363 6301
The Student Service Desk is daily reachable by phone, 09.00-12.00 and 13.00-16.00 hrs.
In case you want to start reading already, you can find a literature list for almost all the courses in the course catalogue. Please note that literature can change in the new course catalogue and that in September, you will be able to buy books with a discount via the psychology student association, VIP.
If English is not your native language, it's a good idea to do some English reading during the summer. Starting with popular science books is a fun way to learn about Psychology topics while you are on the beach. To get you started, our Department's blog editors have picked their favourite summer books, which you can find here: http://mindwise-groningen.nl/win-our-summer-reading-2016. Here are some additional suggestions:
|Dan Ariely: Predictably Irrational||Elizabeth Loftus: Eyewitness Testimony|
Jeffrey L. Elman: Rethinking innateness
|Dan Gilbert: Stumbling on Happiness||
|Daniel Kahneman: Thinking, Fast and Slow||Barry Schwartz: The Paradox of Choice|
Dan Levitin: This Is Your Brain on Music:
The Science of a Human Obsession
|S. Levitt and S. Dubner: Freakonomics||
Nassim Taleb: The black swan
Information for senior bachelor students
Overview of starting events bachelor Psychology. Invitations for the introduction lectures are to be found on the student portal, bachelor community.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||24 april 2018 08:56|