If you do not have a bachelor's degree in either the Humanities or Behavioural and Social Sciences, you will first need to complete a pre-master's programme before you can enter one of the tracks of the master's programme in Theology and Religious Studies.
Students who do not have a bachelor's degree in Arts/Humanities or Behavioural and Social Sciences may be exempted from the requirement to complete the pre-master programme if they have:
Completed a ThRS university minor of 30 ECTS (Religion in the Modern World or Art and Religion) .
Can demonstrate completion of 30 ECTS worth of subjects in their previous degree programme that have introduced them to the following disciplines:
- Politics, Philosophy, Gender Studies, Migration, Development Studies, Human Rights (RCG);
- History, Cultural Studies, Heritage Studies, Archaeology, Architecture, Art History, Spatial Sciences (Cultural Geography) (RCH);
- Archaeology, Ancient History, Ancient Languages, Ancient Philosophy (R&P);
- Philosophy, Medicine, Ethics, Cultural Studies (RHW-ED);
- Organisational Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources (RHW-WZ).
RCG = Religion, Conflict and Globalization
RCH = Religion and Cultural Heritage
R&P = Religion and Pluralism, Ancient and Modern
RHW = Religion, Health and Wellbeing: Ethics and Diversity or Werk en Zingeving
Students who have completed a bachelor's degree at HBO level are still required to complete the one-year pre-master programme.
There are several electives you can choose from, depending on the track of your choice. Below, you will find the complete programme.
1st semester (30 ECTS)
- Concepts and Methods 1: Study of Religion
- Rituals in Theory and Practice or Judaism (R&P)
- Hinduism and Buddhism
- Anthropology of Religion (RHW) or Hebrew Bible and Ancient Judaism (R&P)
2nd semester (30 ECTS)
- Religion, Media and Popular Culture (RCH) or Religion and Politics (RCG) or Psychology and Sociology of Religion (RHW)
- Ethics and Secularity
Please contact our student advisors to see what the options are.
For the Dutch taught specialization in Spiritual Care, you need to follow a different pre-master's programme.
For the pre-master's programme, you will pay a so called compensation in stead of regular tuition fees. This compensation is the same for both EU and non-EU students.
Application in Studielink
For the pre-master's programme for the English taught master's tracks, you apply in Studielink for the premaster's programme of the BA in Religious Studies.
For the pre-master's programme for the Dutch taught track in Spiritual Care, you apply in Studielink for the pre-master's programme of the BA in Theology.
|Last modified:||14 April 2021 12.06 p.m.|