Accessibility of the PhD degree registration office
PhD degree registration office is clossed from 11 untill 26 July.
- The PhD degree registration office is accessible by phone (tel: 050 - 363 5276) between 10.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.
Please note: the registration office is closed on Wednesday.
- You can send your questions by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of copies of the PhD thesis
The copies of your thesis you have to submit (2 copies of the thesis and 2 of the propositions) can be handed in at the:
Service desk of the University of Groningen Library
Broerstraat 4, 9712 CP Groningen
Postal address: P.O. Box 559
9700 AN Groningen
The electronic versions of the thesis and the propositions must be submitted via Hora Finita .
The times of PhD ceremonies are as follows:
- 9.00 p.m.
- 11.00 a.m.
- 12.45 p.m.
- 2.30 p.m.
- 4.15 p.m.
The PhD Regulations University of Groningen incorporate a number of statutory provisions conform the Higher Education and Research Act (in Dutch: WHW), and a number of conditions laid down by the PhD Board of the University of Groningen. Among other things, the PhD Regulations stipulate who will be allowed admission to the PhD programme and how the supervisors and co-supervisors are appointed, how the thesis shall come into being, and how the Assessment and PhD examining committee shall be composed.
The PhD regulations take effect as of 1 September, 2018 and replace the old regulations.
The most salient changes in comparison with the old PhD regulations are that:
- from now each PhD must be supervised by at least two formal supervisors, namely two full professors (promotores) or one full professor (promotor) and one co-supervisor (copromotor)
- the Graduate School Admissions Committee will make decisions regarding the admission of prospective students to a PhD programme
- a training and supervision plan must be drawn up by the PhD student and the supervisors before the PhD programme begins
- the PhD student will take an academic pledge at the PhD ceremony
- the PhD student will no longer be awarded a PhD degree by the Faculty, but by the University
- the PhD procedure is organised through a digital workflow (the application Hora Finita, information can be obtained from the Graduate Schools)
- the PhD student must deliver an electronic version of the thesis and the propositions
- the PhD student must submit his data with accompanying explanatory notes .
In the menu on the left you can find information about the PhD procedure, a description of the protocol during the PhD ceremony and a list of useful addresses.
|Last modified:||09 July 2019 1.56 p.m.|