Radiation protection officer
In the Dutch system of supervision on applications of ionizing radiation we have Radiation Protection Experts (RPE) (Dutch: coördinerend deskundige or CD) and Radiation Protection Officers (RPO) (Dutch: toezichthouder stralingsbescherming or TS). As of February 6, 2018 a completely revised system of trainingen for RPO has been introduced. The bottom line of this revision is that the training for RPO must be application specific. In the past two years, a first start of the revision has been made. The application areas listed below are established in the new educational system. For some areas, more than one level of training will be given..
The Groningen Academy for Radiation Protection (GARP) offers the following courses for RPO:
- THK-basic for dentists and orthodontists
- VRS-B for applications of dispersible radioactive materials up to a maximum of 2000 Reinhalation
- VRS-C for applications of dispersible radioactive materials up to a maximum of 20 Reinhalation under the responsibility of an RPE
- VRS-D for applications of dispersible radioactive materials up to a maximum of 0.2 Reinhalation under the responsibility of an RPE
- MR for measurement and control applications
- MT for medical applications (simple radiology)
The courses VRS-D and MR can be combined. Most courses are offered with or without lectures. In all cases practicals are an obligatory part of the course, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Overview of all areas (with Dutch abbreviations) and number of levels
|SPL||nuclear fuel cycle||2|
|industriy and research||area||number|
|VRS||dispersible radioactive materials||3|
|MR||measurement and control applications||1|
|Last modified:||12 November 2020 2.25 p.m.|