Information for Irish students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 30,000 students more than 6000 are international, coming from 120 different countries, including Ireland. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
Groningen has a cosy Irish community making it the University with the highest amount of Irish nationals studying in a degree programme in the Netherlands. There are currently around 175 Irish students enrolled at the University, the majority in a Bachelor programme with Master programs becoming increasingly popular. Popular subject areas are Economics and Business, Psychology, Arts, and Law.
With no language barrier, easy access to programs (no points), low cost of living and tuition fees (you can take the SUSI with you), we expect to welcome more Irish students to Groningen in the next couple of years.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Straightforward entry requirements for the Bachelor programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Wide selection of Master programmes to choose from after Bachelor graduation