General job description
Tenure track professorship for women (Rosalind Franklin Fellowships 35 FTE)
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and creative center of higher education providing high-quality teaching and research. We have balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines that encourage our 31,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. As one of the best universities in Europe, we join forces with other prestigious partner universities and networks. We are truly an international place of knowledge.
We initiated the prestigious Rosalind Franklin Fellowship programme to promote the advancement of talented female international researchers at the highest levels of the institution. Our ambitious programme is running since 2002 and we have financed over a hundred fellows.
With this programme, we seek women in industry, academia or research institutes who have a Ph.D. and dream for a career as a full professor in a top European research university.
You will establish an independent, largely externally funded research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our University and elsewhere. You will participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of your discipline.
We have 35 tenure track positions available and we invite ambitious female academics to apply for these positions. Do you want to join our open academic community?
Please note that the positions are only available in the following areas .
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree for, preferably, at least 2 years on reference date 01/06/2019
- a research record by your publications in international top journals and/or in peer-reviewed books
- proven independent and international recognition
- experience in various working environments in different countries
- acquired success in external funding for research projects (where possible and relevant)
- teaching experience or proven inclination for teaching demonstrated by tutoring/mentoring of individuals or small groups
- demonstrated organizational qualities and communication skills
- a innovative research idea and a challenging outlook for the future which takes into account the international research landscape in your field of specialization
Note: you may need to fulfill some different or additional requirements formulated by the faculty of your preference.
- Please check the faculty job description
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a Tenure Track position leading to full professor
- a flying start with you research because you will get funding to appoint your own PhD candidate
- a salary for Assistant Professor based on your qualifications and work experience, from € 3,637 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 5,656 (salary scale 12) gross per month for a full-time position. For the Associate professor positions, salaries range from € 5039,- (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 6738 (scale 14)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- an employee pension scheme
- paid parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (90% or 80%)
We acknowledge that talented prospective staff often have talented spouses or partners who also wish to further their Careers therefore we offer Dual-Career Support
For more information about our Tenure Track career path please see following brochure:
You may apply for this position until 2 June 11.59 pm / before 3 June 2019 (CEST)
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
- a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications (CV attachment)
- a letter of motivation (Letter of motivation attachment)
- a 3-5 page statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals (Extra attachment)
- a list of five selected ‘best papers’ (preferably including copies) (Extra attachment 1 )
the names and contact information (including email address) of three referees (Extra attachment 2)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply, but we are specifically looking for woman researcher for this fellowship to close the gap between man and women in the higher ranks of our university. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
For more information you may contact:
(please do not use for applications)
|Last modified:||18 April 2019 11.18 a.m.|