Material of little value to the company that the company wants to dispose of (source: Statistics Netherlands).
The collection of non-hazardous waste from the University of Groningen is outsourced to external companies. The Facilities department of the University Services Department manages the contracts for these outsourced services.
In the outsourcing process for waste collection and removal, contracts are awarded for the following lots
- Residual waste, bedding, glass, autoclave waste
- Paper, cardboard, metal, white and brown goods
- Hazardous waste
The following matters relating to waste can be organized in FacilityNet:
- Arranging for the emptying of containers that are not on the route
- Requesting new containers
- Arranging relocation of containers
- Reporting container faults/defects
- Collection of polystyrene and foil/film + request plastic sacks
- Arranging for removal of hazardous waste
- Ordering packaging materials
- Reporting clear-outs
Questions about specific waste flows can be directed to the Facilities department.
This department carries out random checks on the collection route for each waste flow. If waste is tendered for disposal incorrectly, and therefore requires different processing, the additional costs are charged to the customer. If necessary, the collection process will be amended in accordance with altered waste flows.
|Last modified:||16 December 2015 08.51 a.m.|