Vacancy: Student assessor to the Board of the University 2019-2020
The University of Groningen (UG) is the first university in the Netherlands to appoint a student assessor to the Board of the University. In the meetings with the Board members and other University staff, it is the student assessor’s task to offer advice on matters such as teaching, student affairs, employability and internationalization.
Do you see yourself as a link between the 11 faculties, more than 180 programmes, over 30,000 students and 5,200 FTE staff members? If so, you are exactly what the Board is looking for; a student who can fulfil a representative role within and outside the UG, and abroad.
On the one hand, a student assessor must keep the Board of the University up-to-date regarding the needs of students in Groningen and the challenges they face. On the other hand, the assessor keeps the students at the UG informed about UG policy and other topics that may affect them. You must be up-to-date on developments within the University community and have access to an extensive network
The main meetings that the student assessor must attend are:
- the weekly meetings of the Board of the University;
- the regular meetings of the student assessors of the Faculty Boards (as chair);
- the Administrative Meetings (BOs) of the Board of the University and the Faculty Boards;
- the meetings of the Student Council and its committees.
In addition, the student assessor has a regular seat on committees focusing on student affairs and teaching policy, and is consulted on a formal and informal basis about everything that concerns the University.
The student assessor must be an active student at the UG and;
- be aware and able to represent the interests of every facet of student life at the UG;
- have an excellent command of Dutch and English;
- have an affinity with the active student world of the UG;
- have a strong, confident personality, and be able to take the initiative and work independently;
- be willing and able to work alongside various UG departments on a wider scale;
- be driven, sociable, communicative, critical and capable of thinking strategically;
- fit in well with the Board of the University of Groningen.
The UG can offer the student assessor a payment that compensates this full-time position. In addition, the student assessor has an office in the main administration building of the UG.
For more information, go to the student assessor web page or contact Kathelijne de Vrijer, tel. +31 (0)63 630 9908 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Send your written application (including a CV) to email@example.com, marked ‘Application for student assessor of the Board of the University’ by Wednesday 12 June 2019.
|Last modified:||03 June 2019 12.32 p.m.|