Poolman, Prof. Bert
Membrane biology, Enzymology, Protein chemistry, Synthetic biology
Bert Poolman is scientific director of the Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, and he is program director of the Centre for Synthetic Biology. He has published over 270 articles in international peer-refereed scientific journals and supervised about 50 PhD students. He is ISI highly-cited researcher and member of the Faculty 1000 board. Poolman has been a member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) since 2009.
In April 2015 Poolman was awarded a European ERC Advanced Grant of 2,5 million euros for his project 'ABCVolume: The ABC of Cell Volume Regulation'.
- Man as creator?
- Poolman in Labyrinth on extremophiles and the world of microbes
How big will nanotechnology become?
Previously in the news
- European ERC Grant for Poolman
- First sensor for ‘crowd control’ in cells
- The crowd inside your cells
- How the ‘Pac-man’ transporter works
- TOP-PUNT Grant for Poolman
- Mapping the complexity of life (in Dutch)
- New shortcut through nuclear pore complex discovered
Biochemists discover new biological mechanism
Contact and further information
|Last modified:||04 January 2018 2.48 p.m.|