Rauws, Dr Ward
Ward Rauws is an assistant professor of Spatial Planning at the University of Groningen. He specializes in the development and planning of cities. In his research, he focuses on the transformation of cities and peri-urban areas, processes of self-governance and self-organization in neighbourhoods and adaptive planning strategies for urban and regional development.
Rauws is a member of the Young Academy Groningen, a group of talented, enthusiastic and ambitious young researchers at the University of Groningen. The YAG aims to stimulate collaboration between various disciplines within the University, to give a voice to young researchers and to show the outside world how much fun research is and how multifaceted it can be.
Previously in the news
- Wanted: guide tot escape city centre chaos
- Cities are in need of a makeover
- More first-time buyers opt for space (in Dutch)
- Students help citizens: ‘We want to improve the bond between students and citizens’ (in Dutch)
- Bad neighbourhoods need more than an expensive apartment block (in Dutch)
- Silent lecture at Noorderzon festival (in Dutch)
- How do you keep the balance in a growing student city? (video, in Dutch)
Contact and further information
|Last modified:||21 December 2022 12.03 p.m.|