Teaching and timetable
The Faculty uses a digital learning environment: the Student portal. This is where you can find almost all information about your degree programme. We also use the Student Portal to make announcements. Access is linked to your student number, which will be provided by the UG.
An instruction video is available here: Student Portal instruction video
Binding Study Advice: the BSA system
The UG applies binding (negative) study advice (BSA). This means that your study results are subject to requirements. In the first year, you must earn at least 45 out of 60 ECTS credit points in order to be allowed to continue with the degree programme.
More information can be found here
You can find the textbooks you need here. The books can be ordered via study association M.F.V. Panacea .
- The academic year starts on Tuesday 3 September 2019 for all students of Medicine.
- You can check your timetable here.
Go to academic year 2019-2020 at the top right corner
Select Faculty: Medical Sciences
Type degree programme name: GNK (after this, you can select your LC) Year 1 Semester I
- Please note that this timetable is not yet final: a lot of teaching in the degree programme of Medicine is provided by UMCG doctors, whose availability depends on their hospital duties. As soon as the planning of a course unit becomes final, this will show in the timetable. We seek to achieve this as soon as possible, so that you can finalize your planning too.
- In Medicine, we use fixed curricula, which means that you do not have to register separately for certain course units.
- The first year of the degree programme includes evening classes twice a week (from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.).
- There are two holiday periods: the Christmas break and the summer holidays.
During the bachelor's programme it is important to start learning the Dutch language as soon as possible, if you want to enroll in the Dutch-spoken master's programme of Medicine in Groningen. Before you can enter the master you have to master Dutch at C1 level.
The Language Center of the University of Groningen (RUG) offers standard Dutch courses at different times per year, also in the summer! As an international student of the University of Groningen (RUG) you can take two free Dutch courses at the Language Center, level 1 and level 2.
|Last modified:||18 July 2019 12.54 p.m.|