prof. dr. R.A. Schoevers
Professor of Psychiatry and Head of Department Psychiatry UMCG
PHD projects (completed theses first, current projects at bottom of list)
Version january 2021
Completed PhD theses:
- Simone Kool “Comorbidity of Major Depression and Personality Disorders” 2005 UVA Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Saskia de Maat “On the effectiveness of psychoanalytic psychotherapy” 2007 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Henricus Van “Exploring predictive factors in the treatment of major depression” 2008 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Jaap Peen “Mental health and urbanization: An investigation of urban-rural and innner-city differences in psychiatric morbidity” 2009 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Marrit de Boer “Antipsychotic treatment and sexual functioning: From mechanisms to clinical practice” 2014 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Nadine Troquete “START-ing Risk Assessment and Shared Care Planning in Out-patient Forensic Psychiatry.: Results from a cluster randomized controlled trial” 2014 RUG, 2nd promotor .
- Radboud Marijnissen "The weight of subclinical vascular disease & neuroticism in late-life depression, RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Hanna van Loo; “Data-driven subtypes of major depressive disorder”, 2015 RUG, 1st promotor. Cum Laude.
- Koen Hogenelst “Serotonin manipulations and social behavior” 2016, RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Erin van Buel “Towards a neurobiological view of depression” 2017 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Tjalling Holwerda “Loneliness, depression and mortality” 2017 VU Amsterdam, 1st promotor.
- Claudia van Borkulo " Symptom network models in depression research" 2018, RUG. Cum Laude.
- Marije Swets “Obsessive compulsive symptoms in psychotic disorders” 2018 UVA Amsterdam, 2nd promotor.
- Mia Scheffers; “Body image, psychopathology and psychomotor therapy” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Karlijn Becking “MDD, Bipolar depression and inflammatory dysregulation” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Katelijne van Emmerik – van Oortmerssen “ADHD and Substance Use Disorder” 2018, 1st promotor.
- Sjoerd van Belkum; “Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields for Treatment Resistant Depression” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Anne Looijmans; “Lifestyle interventions in psychiatry” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Mirjam Simoons ”Monitoring Outcomes of Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy (MOPHAR)” 2018 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Stefan Knapen “Rhythm & Blues” 2019 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Anne van Gils “Developing e-health applications to promote a patient-centered approach to medically unexplained symptoms” 2019 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Huifang Yin “Epidemiology and treatment of mental disorders in a rapidly developing urban region in China: a study of prevalence, risk factors and e-applications” 2019, RUG, 1st promotor.
- Chengao Yang "An inflamed mood: studies on the role of inflammation in the pathophysiology and treatment outcome of major depressive disorder", 2019, RUG, 1st promotor.
- Petra Havinga; "Psychopathology in offspring of patients with mood & anxiety disorders" 2020 RUG, 1st promotor
- Dennis Raven; "Trails of mental health problems in youth" 2020 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Hanneke Geugies “Neuroimaging studies in TRD” 2020 RUG.
- Ella Bekhuis “Depression, anxiety, and somatic symptoms” 2020 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Ans Hovenkamp-Hermelink “Course of anxiety disorders” 2020 RUG, 1st promotor
Current PhD projects and expected year of promotion
- Date van der Veen “anxious depression” 2021 RUG, 2nd promotor
- Iris Jonker “Mood disorders and Inflammation” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
- Sanne Apeldoorn “Oral ketamine for Treatment Resistant Depression” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Jolien Veraart; “ketamine for depression; mechanisms”, 2022, RUG, 1st promotor
- Madelien van de Beek “Risk factors for psychopathology in migrants” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
- Ernst Horwitz “Prevalence and clinical correlates of Autism Spectrum Disorders in adults” 2021 RUG
- Kaying Kan “IMPROVE study Routine data for Optimal Value and Effectiveness” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Anouk de Wit “Exploring the role of sex steroids in depression” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
- Lian Beijers "The biological heterogeneity of depression: toward a more systematic approach." 2021, RUG, 1st promotor
- Stella Druiven “chronobiology of mood disorders” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Lino von Klipstein “Person oriented self-management in depression” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Celien Tigchelaar: "The biochemistry of the neurotransmitter systems in blood and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with depression", 2022, RUG, 2nd promotor
- Joost Breeksema: "Qualitative research into the lived experience of patients, and psychotherapeutic mechanisms in clinical trials employing psychedelic substances in the treatment of a clinical disorder", 2022, RUG, 1st promotor
- Elissa Stam, "Moodstratification", 2022, RUG, 1st promotor
- Mike Jentsch: "Biomarker panel research and development for MDD diagnostics", 2023, RUG, 1st promotor
- Astrid Lugtenburg; “depression and cognitive decline” 2023, RUG, 2nd promotor
- Annemiek Kamstra: "Is residential dialectical behaviour therapy and prolonged exposure (DBT-PE) (cost)effective for patients with severe PTSD and co-morbid (personality)disorders?", 2025, RUG, 1st promotor
- Gerben Ruesink; “the pleasure circle; a neurobiological view”, 1st promotor
|Last modified:||24 December 2020 11.03 a.m.|