prof. dr. R.A. (Robert) Schoevers
Professor of Psychiatry and Head of Department Psychiatry UMCG
PHD projects (completed theses first, current projects at bottom of list)
Version january 2021
Completed PhD theses:
- Simone Kool “Comorbidity of Major Depression and Personality Disorders” 2005 UVA Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Saskia de Maat “On the effectiveness of psychoanalytic psychotherapy” 2007 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Henricus Van “Exploring predictive factors in the treatment of major depression” 2008 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Jaap Peen “Mental health and urbanization: An investigation of urban-rural and innner-city differences in psychiatric morbidity” 2009 VU Amsterdam, copromotor.
- Marrit de Boer “Antipsychotic treatment and sexual functioning: From mechanisms to clinical practice” 2014 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Nadine Troquete “START-ing Risk Assessment and Shared Care Planning in Out-patient Forensic Psychiatry.: Results from a cluster randomized controlled trial” 2014 RUG, 2nd promotor .
- Radboud Marijnissen "The weight of subclinical vascular disease & neuroticism in late-life depression, RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Hanna van Loo; “Data-driven subtypes of major depressive disorder”, 2015 RUG, 1st promotor. Cum Laude.
- Koen Hogenelst “Serotonin manipulations and social behavior” 2016, RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Erin van Buel “Towards a neurobiological view of depression” 2017 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Tjalling Holwerda “Loneliness, depression and mortality” 2017 VU Amsterdam, 1st promotor.
- Claudia van Borkulo " Symptom network models in depression research" 2018, RUG. Cum Laude.
- Marije Swets “Obsessive compulsive symptoms in psychotic disorders” 2018 UVA Amsterdam, 2nd promotor.
- Mia Scheffers; “Body image, psychopathology and psychomotor therapy” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Karlijn Becking “MDD, Bipolar depression and inflammatory dysregulation” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Katelijne van Emmerik – van Oortmerssen “ADHD and Substance Use Disorder” 2018, 1st promotor.
- Sjoerd van Belkum; “Neuromodulation and depression” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Anne Looijmans; “Lifestyle interventions in psychiatry” 2018 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Mirjam Simoons ”Monitoring Outcomes of Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy (MOPHAR)” 2018 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Stefan Knapen “Rhythm & Blues” 2019 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Anne van Gils “Developing e-health applications to promote a patient-centered approach to medically unexplained symptoms” 2019 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Huifang Yin “Epidemiology and treatment of mental disorders in a rapidly developing urban region in China: a study of prevalence, risk factors and e-applications” 2019, RUG, 1st promotor.
- Chengao Yang "An inflamed mood: studies on the role of inflammation in the pathophysiology and treatment outcome of major depressive disorder", 2019, RUG, 1st promotor.
- Petra Havinga; "Breaking the cycle? intergenerational transmission of depression/anxiety and opportunities for interventions" 2020 RUG, 1st promotor
- Dennis Raven; "Where’s the need? the use of specialist mental health services in adolescence and young adulthood" 2020 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Hanneke Geugies “Learning from reward and prediction: insights in mechanisms related to recurrence vulnerability and non-response in depression” 2020 RUG, 1st promotor.
- Ella Bekhuis “A body-mind map: epidemiological and clinical aspects of the relation between somatic, depressive and anxiety symptomatology” 2020 RUG, 2nd promotor.
- Ans Hovenkamp-Hermelink “The long-term course of anxiety disorders: An epidemiological perspective” 2020 RUG, 1st promotor
Kaying Kan “Going beyond cost-effectiveness: analyzing routine mental healthcare data and stakeholders' perspectives to improve depression care” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor.
Anouk de Wit “Can hormones get you down? studies on sex steroids and depression” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
- Lian Beijers "Parsing the heterogeneity of Major Depression: Biological subtyping and other statistical approaches to unravel the causes of Major Depression" 2021, RUG, 1st promotor
- Date van der Veen “Anxiety in late-life depression” 2021 RUG, 2nd promotor
- Iris Jonker “Inflammation as a transdiagnostic factor in the development of psychopathology and somatic symptoms” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
- Madelien van de Beek “Risk factors for psychopathology in migrants” 2021 RUG, 1st promotor
Ongoing PhD projects and expected year of promotion
- Sanne Apeldoorn “Oral ketamine for Treatment Resistant Depression” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Jolien Veraart; “ketamine for depression; mechanisms”, 2022, RUG, 1st promotor
- Ernst Horwitz “Prevalence and clinical correlates of Autism Spectrum Disorders in adults” 2021 RUG
- Stella Druiven “chronobiology of mood disorders” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Lino von Klipstein “Person oriented self-management in depression” 2022 RUG, 1st promotor
- Celien Tigchelaar: "The biochemistry of the neurotransmitter systems in blood and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with depression", 2022, RUG, 2nd promotor
- Joost Breeksema: "Qualitative research into the lived experience of patients, and psychotherapeutic mechanisms in clinical trials employing psychedelic substances in the treatment of a clinical disorder", 2022, RUG, 1st promotor
- Mike Jentsch: "Biomarker panel research and development for MDD diagnostics", 2023, RUG, 1st promotor
- Astrid Lugtenburg; “depression and cognitive decline” 2023, RUG, 2nd promotor
- Annemiek Kamstra: "Is residential dialectical behaviour therapy and prolonged exposure (DBT-PE) (cost)effective for patients with severe PTSD and co-morbid (personality)disorders?", 2025, RUG, 1st promotor
- Gerben Ruesink; “the pleasure circle; a neurobiological view”, 1st promotor
|Last modified:||28 October 2022 3.09 p.m.|