J. Alba Duran, MA
Lecturer and Researcher
BA and MA student supervision
- Supervision of BA Thesis within European Languages and Cultures (UG)
- Supervision of Teacher Portfolio and MA Thesis at UNIBA - Barcelona International University Center in the online Master program for trainee teachers of Spanish as foregin language - Focus on didactic skills for L2 teaching and research in the field of learning and teaching Spanish as L2
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G.; Espejel, O.; Pujolà, J. T. (2020, in press). Success factors of a Telecollaboration in the context of Second Language Teaching and Learning. Culture Crossroads, 15, 31-60.
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G. (2019). Challenges of the transatlantic cross-disciplinary ENVOIE-UFRUG Project. In Turula, A,; Kurek, M.; Lewis, T. (Eds). (2019). Telecollaboration and virtual exchange across disciplines: in service of social inclusion and global citizenship. Research-publishing.net. https://doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2019.35.9782490057429
- Co-author in the textbook "Paso adelante" Spanish for Havo/VWO Dutch Learners (2013), Noordhoff Uitgevers, Groningen
- Co-Organizer of the 8th International Conference AHBx 2018: The Humanities in the age of the Digimodern User (Groningen)
- Collaborator in the Blog of ENVOIE at the RUG
Workshops and presentations
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: Virtual Exchange across disciplines: Reporting on Students' discipline-related learning
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: The power of one: Understanding the role of change makers in institutional uptake of Virtual Exchange.
- Workshop at the Conference 'International Perspectives on Teaching & Learning (IPT&L)' (Uppsala, 2019). Title: Designing a Virtual Exchange.
- Presentation of Virtual Exchange Project UFRUG at the Third International Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education, Krakow 2018
- Presentation of Telecollaboration Project RUG-UB at the Second International Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education, Trinity College Dublin 2016
- Workshop for the Design of telecollaboration activities, Dag van Taal, Kunsten en Cultuur 2016 (Groningen)
- Presentation of Telecollaboration Project RUG-UB at the International Conference EuroCall 2014 (Groningen)
- Workshop for the Design of Content and Language Integrated learning (CLIL) activities at the Dag van Taal, Kunsten en Cultuur 2012 (Groningen)
- 2014 University Teaching Qualification - BKO
- 2009–2011 Master in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (UB) University of Barcelona and University of Groningen. Main areas of academic training:
- Two internship programs: EOI Vall d'Hebron (Barcelona) and University of Groningen
- Second Language Acquisition
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Pedagogical Grammar of Spanish
- The use of ICT for teaching Spanish as foreign language
- 2006–2007 Teaching Skills Certificate (C.A.P.) - University of Barcelona. Spanish Official Certificate for Teaching in Secondary Education
- 2001–2006 Filología Hispánica - BA in Spanish Language and Literature. University of Barcelona
Attendance to conferences and workshops
- Winter School on Intercultural Competence by Janet Bennett. Gronignen, 2018.
- "Online Collaborative writing for Spanish as Foreign Language", Webinar by Daniel Cassany (University of Pompeu Fabra), 2018.
- UNICollaboration Workshop on Virtual Exchange instructional design. Groningen, 2018.
- Content in the language classroom in higher education. Leiden, 2018.
- Workshops “Students as partners” and “Active and inquiry based learning” with Professor Mick Healey, organized by The Teaching Academy Groningen, 2017.
- "Taller sobre gamificación: Una experiencia gamificada", workshop on gamification by Joan-Tomàs Pujolà (University of Barcelona), 2017.
- Encuentro Práctico ELE Utrecht 2016. International Conference on the Acquisition of Spanish as Foreign Language.
- Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference 2016, Groningen.
- "Games for language learning". Webinar by Steve Thorne and Frederik Cornillie, 2015.
- GSLI - Groningen Symposium on Language and social Interaction, Groningen, 2015.
- Encuentro Práctico ELE Barcelona 2012 and 2014. International Conference on the Acquisition of Spanish as Foreign Language.
- 4th CIEFE, International Conference of Spanish for Specific Purposes. Amsterdam, 2011.
|Last modified:||17 September 2020 5.35 p.m.|