J. Alba Duran, MA
Lecturer and Researcher
BA and MA student supervision
- Supervision of BA Thesis within European Languages and Cultures (UG)
- Supervision of Teacher Portfolio and MA Thesis at UNIBA - Barcelona International University Center in the online Master program for trainee teachers of Spanish as foregin language (until 2017) - Focus on didactic skills for L2 teaching and research in the field of learning and teaching Spanish as L2
- EVOLVE Project Team (2020). The Impact of Virtual Exchange on Student Learning in Higher Education: EVOLVE Project Report. http://hdl.handle.net/11370/d69d9923-8a9c-4b37-91c6-326ebbd14f17
- EVOLVE Project Team (2020). Key drivers’ perspectives on the institutional uptake of virtual exchange. Case Studies from 9 European HEIs. http://hdl.handle.net/11370/86cbbfd8-64e8-44e9-aa2a-5e01993528d8
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G.; Espejel Nonell, O.; Pujolà Font, J. T. (2020). Success factors of a Telecollaboration project in the context of Second Language Teaching and Learning. Culture Crossroads, 15, 31-60. http://www.culturecrossroads.lv/system/articles/pdf_ens/000/000/281/original/CC-spanish-26-53.pdf?1602878632
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G. (2019). Challenges of the transatlantic cross-disciplinary ENVOIE-UFRUG Project. In Turula, A,; Kurek, M.; Lewis, T. (Eds). (2019). Telecollaboration and virtual exchange across disciplines: in service of social inclusion and global citizenship. Research-publishing.net. https://research-publishing.net/manuscript?10.14705/rpnet.2019.35.937
- Co-author in the textbook "Paso adelante" Spanish for Havo/VWO Dutch Learners (2013), Noordhoff Uitgevers, Groningen
- Producer of an audiovisual deliverable for the EVOLVE Project training (concept, script, coordination). Title: "What is Virtual Exchange?": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFB7ooV6lWQ [YouTube Link]
- Co-Organizer of the 8th International Conference AHBx 2018: The Humanities in the age of the Digimodern User (Groningen)
- Collaborator in the Blog of ENVOIE at the RUG
Development and supervision of online modules:
- Online teacher in the Co-Laboratory training program (EVOLVE) for Teachers in higher education (universities from Cohimbra Group and SGroup) on how to develop Virtual Exchanges.
- Ancillary activity: 3 Modules of the capacitation MOOC for 1000 teachers at the public universities of Perú (Project PMESUT led by Laspau, affilitated with Harvard Uniersity). The participants learned how to facilitate the capacitation process of their peers, focusing on the development of their (online) teaching strategies.
Workshops and presentations
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: Virtual Exchange across disciplines: Reporting on Students' discipline-related learning.
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: The power of one: Understanding the role of change makers in institutional uptake of Virtual Exchange.
- Presentation at the Visualization Research and Teaching Laboratory, Harvard University (Cambridge MA), hosted by Nicole Mills, Chris Dede and Rus Gant. Title: Virtual Exchange: A Multifaceted International Learning Experience (Nov. 2019).
- Workshop for the faculty of World Languages Center, Northeastern University (Boston), hosted by Caroline Fuchs. Title: Virtual Exchange for language learning (Nov. 2019).
- Presentation and open discussion at Universidad de Antioquia (UdeA), Medellín, Colombia, hosted by the International Relations Office. Title: "Conversatorio sobre tendencias globales de virtualidad en la Educación Superior" (Nov. 2019).
- Workshop at the Conference 'International Perspectives on Teaching & Learning (IPT&L)' (Uppsala, 2019). Title: Designing a Virtual Exchange.
- Presentation at the EVALUATE Conference, University of León (Sept. 2019). Title: Promoting Virtual Exchange outside languages and teacher education: Design and interim results from the EVOLVE project.
- Presentation at Coordinación de Desarrollo Educativo e Innovación Curricular (CODEIC), Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Ciudad de México), hosted by Patricia González, Subdirectora de Innovación Educativa. Title:
EVOLVE program for the development of Virtual Exchanges (Nov. 2018).
- Presentation of Virtual Exchange Project UFRUG at the Third International Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education, Krakow 2018.
- Presentation “El Desarrollo de la Competencia Intercultural en Estudios de Lenguas y Culturas Europeas” at the Seminario Internacional Comunicación y Cultura: Espacios, Alteridades y Poder", in the frame of the Doctorado de Comunicación de la Universidad de la Frontera. Hosted by Dr. Carlos del Valle (January 2018).
- Presentation of Telecollaboration Project RUG-UB at the Second International Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education, Trinity College Dublin 2016
- Workshop for the Design of telecollaboration activities, Dag van Taal, Kunsten en Cultuur 2016 (Groningen)
- Presentation of Telecollaboration Project RUG-UB at the International Conference EuroCall 2014 (Groningen)
- Workshop for the Design of Content and Language Integrated learning (CLIL) activities at the Dag van Taal, Kunsten en Cultuur 2012 (Groningen)
- 2014 University Teaching Qualification - BKO
- 2009–2011 Master in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (UB) University of Barcelona and University of Groningen. Main areas of academic training:
- Two internship programs: EOI Vall d'Hebron (Barcelona) and University of Groningen
- Second Language Acquisition
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Pedagogical Grammar of Spanish
- The use of ICT for teaching Spanish as foreign language
- 2006–2007 Teaching Skills Certificate (C.A.P.) - University of Barcelona. Spanish Official Certificate for Teaching in Secondary Education
- 2001–2006 Filología Hispánica - BA in Spanish Language and Literature. University of Barcelona
Attendance to conferences and workshops (attendee)
- Webinar "Cultural and Linguistic Competence Through Social Justice" by L. J. Randolph, University of Arizona (September, 2020).
- IVEC 2020, International Conference organiced by Newcastle University (September, 2020).
- How to flip your class online webinar with Eric Mazur, University of Harvard (April, 2020).
- Winter School on Intercultural Competence by Janet Bennett. Gronignen, 2018.
- "Online Collaborative writing for Spanish as Foreign Language", Webinar by Daniel Cassany (University of Pompeu Fabra), 2018.
- UNICollaboration Workshop on Virtual Exchange instructional design. Groningen, 2018.
- Content in the language classroom in higher education. Leiden, 2018.
- Workshops “Students as partners” and “Active and inquiry based learning” with Professor Mick Healey, organized by The Teaching Academy Groningen, 2017.
- "Taller sobre gamificación: Una experiencia gamificada", workshop on gamification by Joan-Tomàs Pujolà (University of Barcelona), 2017.
- Encuentro Práctico ELE Utrecht 2016. International Conference on the Acquisition of Spanish as Foreign Language.
- Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference 2016, Groningen.
- "Games for language learning". Webinar by Steve Thorne and Frederik Cornillie, 2015.
- GSLI - Groningen Symposium on Language and social Interaction, Groningen, 2015.
- EuroCALL Conference 2014, Groningen.
- Encuentro Práctico ELE Barcelona 2012 and 2014. International Conference on the Acquisition of Spanish as Foreign Language.
- 4th CIEFE, International Conference of Spanish for Specific Purposes. Amsterdam, 2011.
|Last modified:||01 January 2021 7.31 p.m.|