Target Conference: Probing Big Data for Answers
Probing Big Data for Answers
April 3 - 5, 2012
Groningen, The Netherlands
Download the conference poster in high resolution
We cordially invite you to register for the international Target Conference: Probing Big Data for Answers.
What is the best paradigm and the optimal interface to probe Big Data for straight answers in an ever changing environment? This multi-disciplinary conference is focussed on the interface between users and Big Data, with examples from current projects in both the North of the Netherlands and across the world. We invite representatives from academia and both the business and public sectors engaged in challenging research and development projects.
The conference will be held at the Hampshire Hotel-Plaza in Groningen, The Netherlands from April 3rd to 5th, 2013. The conference will start April 3 in the afternoon and end April 5 at noon. We invite participants to apply for contributed talks, demonstration booths and to provide BoF proposals.
- Big Data user interaction
- Big Data visualization
- Big Data technology challenges
- Big Data Information Systems
Projects discussed at the conference will include IJKdijk, Lifelines, Smart Energy Grids, Sensor Cities, BBMRI-NL Genome of the Netherlands, LOFAR, ESA's Euclid Mission, XLDBs, Cultural Heritage, eScience, full dome visualization (4k, 3D).
Invited Keynote Speakers
- Nico Pals, Board member, IJkdijk Foundation, Groningen, Netherlands
- Paul de Bakker, BBMRI-NL Genome of the Netherlands, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics, UMC Utrecht, Netherlands
- Marco de Vos, Director General, ASTRON, Dwingeloo, Netherlands
- John van Pol, Founder and Managing Director, INCAS3, Assen, Netherlands
- Jacob de Vlieg, Scientific Director & CEO, Netherlands eScience center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Marco Aiello, Professor of Distributed Information Systems, Johann Bernoulli Institute, University ofGroningen, Netherlands
- Anders Ynnermann, Head of Visual Information Technology and Applications (VITA), Department of Science and Technology, University of Linköping, Sweden (tbc)
- Robin Sip, Founder and Director Mirage 3D, The Hague, Netherlands
- Luigi Brochard, Distinguished Engineer for High Performance Computing, IBM, France
- Martin Kersten, Professor, National Research Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), Amsterdam, Netherlands (tbc)
- Pedro Osuna, Head of the Science Archives Team, ESA, Spain
The conference brings together key players from commercial and academic research institutes with Big Data stakeholders. These include business, creative industry, academia, policy makers, investors and funding agencies. Target will present its diverse Big Data portfolio that transcends traditional borders between academic disciplines and the industry.
We invite you to register with the following options:
- apply for a contributed talk
- apply for a demonstration booth
- propose a Birds of a Feather session (BoF)
The conference will consist of plenary sessions including the key note speakers, followed by parallel sessions with ample room for contributed talks and Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions. There is dedicated space for booths, exhibitions and demonstrations at the conference venue. Expected attendance is up to 200 persons.
Early registration ends February 15, 2013
More information about registration, abstract submission, program and logistic is available at the conference website: www.targetconference.eu
For any request of information, please contact the LOC: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the conference poster, click here.
|Last modified:||02 October 2015 10.55 p.m.|