INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY for those passionate about film.
Who are we?
The Beeldlijn Foundation is an idealistic and independent film production organisation. Our mission is to produce intriguing and high-profile documentaries about any and all aspects of Northern Netherlands, including its specific culture and art, society, landscape and scientific endeavours. We aim to disseminate our movies to specific audiences as well as to the general public regionally, nationally and internationally. Our movies are driven by a sense of urgency; each movie carries the unique artistic signature of the filmmaker. In addition, the Beeldlijn Foundation strives to develop a fertile film environment in the North by a.o. offering a podium to young or starting filmmakers.
The Beeldlijn Foundation wishes to improve its position as the signature documentary production organisation of the Northern Netherlands, by critically reviewing its societal legitimacy and by deepening its understanding of the cultural environment, specifically that of the young/diverse/international population. In addition, Beeldlijn wishes to broaden the dissemination of its films and to improve its presence in the changing media landscape. Based on the analysis and advice provided by the intern, Beeldlijn intends to adjust its services and update its PR policy. In order to achieve the above, we are searching for an intern or interns passionate about film.
We shall ask you…
• To set up and carry out a research project in 2 languages (Dutch and English) ; to analyse your research results clearly and - based on your analysis - to offer concrete advice.
• To independently analyse complex and problematic situations and to theoretically substantiate your analysis.
• To use different quantitative and/or qualitative research methods, such as interviews, surveys and/or focus groups, on top op desk research.
• To have a critical mindset and be solution oriented.
• To be pro-active, full of initiative and to seek the critical input of others.
• To be focused on quality and to be ambitious.
• To be inter-culturally competent and to have an English language proficiency of at least 6,5 ielts /C1.
Ideally you would be a student or students of the degree programmes: Arts, Culture and Media/Communication and Information Studies or Media Studies.
What do we have to offer?
We are a small professional organisation, fully focused on the production of high quality documentaries. We can offer professional supervision by a communication specialist who has years of experience in dissertation supervision at a bachelor and master level in both Dutch and English.
Starting date is preferably September 2020, but we are able to adjust to the needs and wishes of the intern(s). Unfortunately it is not possible to provide financial compensation other than for expenses.
Interested? Please send you CV + letter of motivation to Jo Willems, (info stichtingbeeldlijn.nl) and Iekje Smit (pr stichtingbeeldlijn.nl) and we shall contact you directly.
If you need more information, please contact Iekje Smit: 06 23 639 629. www.stichtingbeeldlijn.nl
|Last modified:||07 January 2021 12.40 p.m.|