Call for Proposals Visualisation, Geo and Data Science 2021
The teams Visualisation, Geodienst and Data Science of the Center for Information Technology (CIT) invite researchers of the University of Groningen (UG) and the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) to submit proposals for innovative projects.
After several successful calls the three teams work together on one combined call for proposals. This call for proposals will be the last one in a series of calls.
What can be applied for?
As a researcher you can apply for the support from one or more experts appointed by the CIT for a maximum of 400 hours. While being employed by the CIT, the expert(s) may work at your location in order to facilitate collaboration. The duration of a project is max. two years. A small bench fee (max. €3000,-) is available for items like databases, licenses, hardware.
Who can apply?
This call is open to researchers employed by the UG and the UMCG from all scientific fields.
In general the projects should contribute to science.
Furthermore proposed projects should:
- aim at reusing existing building blocks (e.g. data, tooling or digital content)
- have a clear specification of deliverables and the role of the experts from CIT
- be innovative with respect to your research field
- focus on a clear research question/hypothesis
- (if applicable) have data that will help answer the research question, preferably already collected and ready for analysis
- ensure the availability of the researchers involved.
Proposals that meet the following criteria have an advantage:
- potential to lead to new grant proposals and follow-up projects
- combining expertise from multiple teams (Geo Science, Data Science and Visualisation)
- the results can be reused by more scientific disciplines
Procedure and timeline
The call will be open from 1 September 2021. Use the form below to submit your proposal. The selection of proposals will be carried out by a committee of experts.
The timeline is as follows:
- Deadline submission of the proposals: 31 October 2021
- Pre-selection (short list): first half of november
- Communication of the results of the pre-selection and invitations to the candidates for the final selection day: mid November
- Final selection day: to be announced
- Communicating the results of the final selection: mid December 2021
- Start of the projects: from January 2022 onwards
You are advised to contact our experts for consultancy before applying. If you intend to apply, you are eligible for a 30 minute consultancy session with experts from one or multiple teams. If you wish to claim this opportunity, you can reach our teams by sending an email.
|Last modified:||31 August 2021 2.55 p.m.|