UWP: upgrade to Windows 10
This year, all Windows workstations managed by CIT will be upgraded to Windows 10.
Microsoft's support for Windows 7 will end in Januari 2020. Therefore, all workstations must have Windows 10 installed by the end of 2019. As of 1 September, Windows 7 will no longer be available in the installation menu.
As of 1 January 2020, you will no longer be able to log into your University workstation using Windows 7.
RUG staff: before end 2019.
The student workstations and presentation pc’s have been provided with Windows 10 yet during the past summer.
You have two options:
- You can initiate the installation from the menu by yourself. Please follow the instructions. Starting the installation yourself has the additional benefit that you can do this whenever it suits you. In the event of unforeseen problems, you can contact the CIT Service Desk.
- An employee of the CIT Service Desk installs Windows 10. If you want the CIT Service Desk to do the installation for you, please fill out this form and we will contact you to make an appointment.
- The installation takes one and a half to two hours
- Your settings, favorites and applications (on X:\) will be saved
- For those who are used to Windows 7, working with Windows 10 is just a matter of getting used to.
- The user interface has a more modern look & feel and much attention has been paid to increasing user-friendliness