MOOC: Becoming a Student Assistant
Student assistants are valuable staff members at the University of Groningen. Currently, over 700 students take up teaching duties, support role functions, governing positions, and many other responsibilities.
But, how to prepare for a job as a student assistant? What is professional behaviour? How to deal with challenging situations in the classroom? How to support first year students? These and other questions will be covered in this free, e-learning, course.
What will you achieve?
- Contribute professionally in a higher education working environment
- Develop a well-founded opinion of what is a good university teacher and mentor
- Identify the basic principles for designing a course
- Explore the aspects of how to teach a small group session in an interactive way while paying attention to classroom management and atmosphere
- Interpret the difference between directive and facilitative formative feedback
- Reflect on challenges students participating in governing bodies face
This course is designed for anyone with a passion for higher education. The course is specifically tailored to the needs of students and employees, who are involved in teaching, support and participation in governing bodies of higher education institutions.Next start: To be announced
Duration: 5 weeks
Study load: 4 hours per week
|Last modified:||24 January 2019 12.40 p.m.|