Educational Leadership Programme
Once every two years, faculty boards nominate qualified teachers to partake in the Educational Leadership Programme (ELP) of the University of Groningen and the University of Twente (UT). The ELP programme is intended for experienced teachers who want to develop as succesful leaders in educational innovation and improvement of teaching and learning.
Who can join?
The ELP is meant for (senior) academics who will develop as successful leaders in educational innovation and improvement of teaching and learning. Besides teaching, they have educational management positions or an informal role in educational leadership. Participants are able to develop a clear vision on - and give direction to - educational innovation and improvement, in both formal and informal ways. They are able to connect vision and strategy with the practice of teaching and personal skills to lead educational programmes. To be eligible for participation in the ELP programme, participants need to be nominated by their faculty board.
The ELP programme
The setup of the ELP programme consists of six main components:
- Eight thematic sessions with renowned guest speakers
- An international study trip
- An individual assignment in the faculty of the participant
- Two group assignments, based on questions from the board of the UG and the UT
- Individual coaching and workshops
Participation in all sessions is mandatory.
What will participants learn?
During this programme, participants will focus on the following*:
- 1. Contribute to the creation of an aspirational, inclusive and supportive learning environment that advances student learning.
- Design, deliver, evaluate and lead a sustainable educational innovation or improvement at various levels within the context of one's own institution (i.e. curriculum/ school/faculty).
- Reflect critically on the processes followed and one's own role in it.
- Stimulate and support colleagues in their professional development as teachers in higher education.
- Take initiative in (institutional) educational policy development and implementation.
* It is important to note that these learning objectives are not fixed-end positions that every participant should attain, but act as guidelines for development. Different participants will therefor show a different development.
Information ELP programme
Session 1: 11 & 12 May 2023
|Price||Costs will be charged to the faculty board|
|Target group||(senior) Academics who will develop as succesful leaders in educational innovation and improvement of teaching and learning. Besides teaching, they should have educational management positions or an informal role in educational leadership|
|Entry requirements||Candidates are nominated by the faculty board|
|Time investment||Participating in this programme will take on average 0.1 fte over the full period of the programme|
|Number of participants||Max. 16 participants|
|Certificate||Participants will receive a certificate upon positive assessment of the individual and group project and attendance of all sessions|
For more information, contact Jaap Mulder or read the brochure.
|Last modified:||17 July 2023 1.23 p.m.|