Information Universe Conference 2018 in Groningen
|Tot en met:||vr 06-07-2018|
The key topic of the Information Universe (IU) conference series is: “What is the role of information in the Universe and its description?”. We will approach the key role of information from the point of view of several disciplines: e.g. cosmology, physics, mathematics, life sciences, computer science (including quantum computing) and neuroscience.
The conference will be held in the 260 seater planetarium theatre in Groningen, which provides an immersive 3D full dome display enabling speakers to show unique and inspiring visuals.
In addition to our fabulous keynote speakers, we have a line-up of invited speakers who will join us at the conference:
- Chris van den Broeck will give a talk on unravelling black holes with gravitational waves.
- Maarten Breddels shall guide us through full-dome visualizations of a billion stars from the latest GAIA data release.
- Alessandra Silvestri will unveil the theoretical aspects of current cosmological challenges, focusing on dark energy.
- Michael Walter (TBC) who studies quantum information theory, exploring the connections between quantum entanglement and space-time.
- Florent Leclercq shall speak about using Information Theory for classification of the Cosmic Web.
- Pratika Dayal will focus on disentangling peta-bytes of data from the Cosmic Dark Ages.
- Giuseppe Longo who is an expert on using Machine Learning to study astronomical datasets.
- Henk Hoekstra shall speak about cosmology, testing gravity and more with the Euclid mission, focusing on weak lensing.
We hope to see you there!
The Scientific Organizing Committee
Prof. Dr. Eric Bergshoeff (Van Swinderen Institute for Particle Physics and Gravity)
Prof. Dr. Edwin Valentijn (Kapteyn Astronomical Institute)
Prof. Dr. Konrad H. Kuijken (Leiden Observatory)
Prof. Dr. Rien van de Weijgaert (Kapteyn Astronomical Institute)
The Local Organizing Committee
Dr. Margot Brouwer (Contact: email@example.com)
Dr. Rees Williams (Center for Information Technology)