HTSF conference June 27-28, 2018
- Submit your paper!
The 26th annual High Technology Small Firms (HTSF) Conference on technology based entrepreneurship brings together scholars, researchers and students from around the world to discuss the current state and emerging concepts on knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship.
The conference is organized in consortium with VU-Amsterdam (prof. Peter van der Sijde), University of Liverpool (prof. Gary Cook), and University of Twente (prof. Aard Groen) and in close collaboration with SOM research institute of the Faculty of Economics and Business.
The conference program will include regular paper sessions as well as keynotes from research, practice and policy. We focus on technology-based entrepreneurship from an engaged scholarship perspective, thus paying special attention to the contribution of entrepreneurship to the great societal challenges in health, energy and sustainability - the focus points of University of Groningen.
We invite submissions of proposals that will advance the dialogue on dilemmas, opportunities and the value added of incorporating entrepreneurial thinking and technological advances in solving societal problems and making a lasting and scalable impact. For example:
- Multidisciplinary approaches: the conference welcomes material relevant to any aspect of knowledge-intensive business development from a wide range of disciplines (anthropology, economics, medicine, geography, policy, psychology, and sociology), and especially a mix of these.
- Support, industry policy and education approaches to entrepreneurship.
- Field related tracks on technology-based entrepreneurship in health, energy, smart industry, ICT, gaming and circular economy
- Submission site (website) is open. Until April 30, 2018 you can upload an extended 3-page abstract via conference website.
- Notification of acceptance: we aim to review your abstract within two weeks of submission; if you submitted your abstract on April 30, you will hear from us on May 14th.
- Registration is due: June 4, 2018 via conference website.
- Full paper submission: June 11, 2018 via conference website.
- Abstract: max 3 pages main text without references
- Full paper: max 30 pages, including tables, figures, and references
- Times New Roman, 12; 1.5 line spacing; APA reference style
- When submitting, please, note whether you want your paper to be considered for the Best Paper Award.
Best paper award categories
- Best research paper
- Best practical paper
- Best young researcher paper
All papers are to be presented at the Conference (20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for questions and discussion).
The early bird (until June 11) fee of the conference: 475,- euro.
This includes all lunches and refreshments, dinner and drinks.
After June 11 the fee is 575,- euro.
For questions, e-mail us at email@example.com