The foundation "Stichting Sterrenkundig Studiefonds J.C. Kapteyn" (Astronomical study foundation J.C. Kapteyn) was established in 1925 in honour of Prof. Dr. J.C. Kapteyn who was a professor in astronomy at the University of Groningen from 1878 till 1921.
The goal of the Foundation is to support astronomical work and studies. The foundation tries to accomplish this goal by granting subsidies to students in astronomy for studying at a Dutch or foreign university or other scientific institution, for visiting conventions, and for supporting them in other scientific investigations that have connections with astronomy.
Persons who would like to request a grant from the foundation, can download a request form (Dutch):
The form should be completely filled in and sent to:
Drs. G.F. Meijering-Swint (Christa)
Executive Secretary J.C. Kapteyn Foundation
P.O. Box 800
NL-9700 AV GRONINGEN
email: meijering astro.rug.nl
The form should be supported and signed by the lecturer. The Board of the Foundation will decide whether the request will be granted on receipt of the completed form. This process will take approximately three weeks (see below). The maximum grant is € 200,-.
Members of the Board:
- Prof. J.M. van der Hulst (RUG, chairman)
- Dr. J.M. van Rooij (RUG, secretary/treasurer)
- Prof. J. Schaye (UL)
- Prof. S.B. Markoff (UVA)
- Prof. J. Hörandel (RU)
- Drs. G.F. Meijering-Swint (RUG, executive secretary)
If the request is granted, the applicant should send the following documents to Drs. G.F. Meijering-Swint within three months after finishing the trip: a report of the journey, a survey of the costs and a IBAN account to which the grant can be transferred.
Criteria for granting a subsidy - Kapteyn foundation
- Subsidies are granted to students for studying at Dutch or foreign Universities. (Art. 2. stat.)
- Maximum grant for students: € 200,-, no conference subsidies till further notice.
- Subsidy will be granted per person only once a year.
- A report and specification of the costs should be handed in within three months after finishing the trip.
- Applications will not be granted for trips that have already taken place.
|Last modified:||20 February 2020 11.50 a.m.|