Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFaculteit der LetterenOrganisatieDiensten en voorzieningenMobility OfficeStudy AbroadStep 4: Preparation

Course approval

Studying abroad: ‘Look at the world from a different perspective’

Getting your course units approved

To know whether the course units you follow abroad will count towards your degree and as a part of your application for the Marco Polo or Erasmus+ Grant, you will need to hand in a (provisional) Learning Agreement with the Mobility Office. You can draw one up when you’re still in Groningen. On this form you list all the courses you wish to take at the host university.

Selecting your courses

It is quite possible and common that you can't choose your courses yet because timetables aren't available or the host won't open the course registration until after your arrival. In this case you can use the course list from last year or fill in: 'a selection of course available to exchange students'. Once you have listed your courses, you will need to get the Learning Agreement signed by your host university and RUG degree programme (study adviser or departmental exchange coordinator). It is not a problem if you change or drop courses halfway through the semester, in that case you can just fill in the During Mobility part of the Learning Agreement.  

N.B.! Please note that for some students it will be necessary to get the course units approved by the Examination board before departure. Make sure to carefully check this procedure for your own department .
Most students will only need to submit a request to their Examination board after they return, but Master students should always get their courses approved by the exam committee before departure!

Laatst gewijzigd:25 mei 2018 11:49