This summer school is intended for Masters, PhD, third year BA students and above, and practitioners. The participants need to have an interest and/or experience in understanding and combatting illicit trade, trafficking, finance, and related issues. It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
We will welcome you on Sunday 7 July at 3PM with a city tour and welcoming drinks. The summer school programme will start on the moning of Monday 7 July and end on Friday 12 July.
Day 1: Overview
Day 2: Trade and Trafficking
Day 3: Money and Money Trafficking
Day 4: Practical Field Trip
Day 5: Exam + Responses
After this course you will be able to:
- Display knowledge about Illicit Trade. (E1, E4, E5)
- Produce a practical assignment on Illicit Trade with a clearly formulated problem definition, using one or more theories, methods, or techniques suitable for the field concerned. (E6a, E6b, E7, E8, E9)
- Evaluate research in a critical and substantiated manner, as well as in a way that respects scientific, social and ethical responsibilities. (E10)
- The ability to deliver a research presentation and express himself/herself in a clear and coherent manner, both in oral and in written/typed form, using understandable and correct English. (E12, E13)
- Become self-reliant and reliable in the execution of the tasks belonging to this course unit. (E14)
Upon successful completion of the programme, the Summer School on Illicit Trade offers a Certificate of Attendance that mentions the workload of 140 hours (28 hours corresponds to 1 ECTS). Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
The fee (€505) include daily lunches and coffee (Monday to Friday), and one full-day excursion.
Housing (7 nights, from Saturday 6 July to Saturday 13 July 2019), in Frascati international student house is available upon request for €245. For more information about accommodation, please see the central housing page.
Registration has closed. We are no longer accepting applications.
For more information on the summer school, please contact the coordinators Francesco Giumelli and Tim Wittig at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants who cancel more than 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay 30% of the full course fee
- Participants who cancel within 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the summer school coordinators decide otherwise
- Participants who withdraw during the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the summer school coordinators decide otherwise
For more information, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
|Last modified:||05 April 2019 2.15 p.m.|