This interdisciplinary course welcomes students from different fields, such as – but not limited to – History, International Relations, Dutch Language and Culture, European Studies, Sociology and Political Science. The more disciplines participating in the summer school the better our discussions about The Netherlands will be.
Participants should be enrolled in a BA or MA programme in one of the human or social sciences. We do not require any previous knowledge about the Netherlands, its society or culture. The only real requirement is an interest in getting to know the Netherlands. It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English .
The summer school programme will start on 01-07-2018 and end on 08-07-2018. We recommend participants to arrive before Sunday 3PM, so they can participate in the welcoming activities.
After this course you will have a:
1. Basic knowledge of Dutch history and politics
2. Basic knowledge of innovating forces of Dutch economy
3. Basic knowledge of Dutch foreign policy
The workload is estimated at 30 hours of lectures, discussions and other contact hours.
Upon successful completion of the program, the Summer School offers a Certificate of Attendance that mentions the workload of 30 hours (28 hours corresponds to 1 ECTS). Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
The fee (€ 450) includes lunches during the summer school, activities and one dinner.
More information about housing will follow soon.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Motivation letter
- Participants who cancel more than 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay 15% of the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who cancel within 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who withdraw during the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
For more information on the summer school, please contact the coordinator prof. dr. J.S.A.M. van Koningsbrugge at email@example.com.
|Last modified:||05 November 2018 09.50 a.m.|