This summer school is intended for Masters, PhD, third year BA students and above, and practitioners. The participants need to have an interest and/or experience in understanding and combatting illicit trade, trafficking, finance, and related issues.
This summer school programme will start on the moning of Monday 9th of July and end mid-day on Saturday 14th of July.
We recommend participants to arrive before Sunday 3PM, so they can participate in the welcoming activities.
Day 1: Overview
Day 2: Trade and Trafficking
Day 3: Money and Money Trafficking
Day 4: Practical Field Trip
Day 5: Responses
Day 6: Exam
Last summer lecturers included senior experts and officials from the following institutions:
- Investigative NGOs
- Financial Institutions
- US Drug Enforcement Ageny
- Risk Analysis Consultancies
- National Defence University
After this course you are able to:
- Display knowledge about Illicit Trade. (E1, E4, E5)
- Produce a practical assignment on Illicit Trade with a clearly formulated problem definition, using one or more theories, methods, or techniques suitable for the field concerned. (E6a, E6b, E7, E8, E9)
- Evaluate research in a critical and substantiated manner, as well as in a way that respects scientific, social and ethical responsibilities. (E10)
- The ability to deliver a research presentation and express himself/herself in a clear and coherent manner, both in oral and in written/typed form, using understandable and correct English. (E12, E13)
- Become self-reliant and reliable in the execution of the tasks belonging to this course unit. (E14)
Upon successful completion of the program, the Summer School on Illicit Trade offers a Certificate of Attendance that mentions the workload of 140 hours (28 hours corresponds to 1 ECTS). Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English .
|Laatst gewijzigd:||26 januari 2018 12:57|