This summer school is designed for advanced bachelor students, (research) master students with basic as well as advanced knowledge of Critical Theory, and for PhD students who work in related areas. Advanced bachelor students are especially encouraged to attend and actively participate in the summer school. Priority will be given to participants who can show previous education in Critical Theory. Participants will be admitted according to motivation, English writing skills, and study results.
Prior courses in continental social philosophy are strongly recommended; prior knowledge of critical theory will be very helpful .
The summer school programme will start on 23 July and end on 27 July.
We recommend participants to arrive before Sunday 3PM, so they can participate in the welcoming activities.
After this course you will have:
- a wide-ranging insight into the themes of Critical Theory
- the ability to relate its key questions to your own research
- enriched your methodological philosophical competence
- improved your philosophical writing abilities
Workload + certificate
Attendance of all parts of the summer school, including basic preparations: 56 hours
Possibility of extending the workload by extra work, to be supervised and marked by the organizers. After successful completion of the summer school, a certificate of attendance will be awarded.
- Prof. Maeve Cooke, University College Dublin
- Prof. Martin Saar, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
- Prof. Lars Rensmann, University of Groningen
- Dr. Robin Celikates, University of Amsterdam
- Dr. Titus Stahl, University of Groningen
- Dr. Judith Vega, University of Groningen
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
|Last modified:||22 March 2018 11.03 a.m.|