Unfortunately, as we currently do not know how the coronavirus will progress globally in the coming months, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the University of Groningen Summer Schools 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience this exceptional situation may cause. Hopefully we will see you next year instead. Stay safe and healthy!
Entrepreneurship can contribute to solving the big challenges of our time, therefore more and more universities include entrepreneurship education to equip future graduates with entrepreneurship skills.
In this intensive 8-day summer school, we will study entrepreneurship from a wide variety of perspectives. By bringing together students from several countries and cultural backgrounds, different study programs and educational levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D.) to work together in interdisciplinary multilevel groups to explore research on entrepreneurship.
This summer school is research oriented. This means, you will study contemporary entrepre-neurship research, theories, methods and results of research but also reflect on how these results can be translated into applied settings. Some of the aspects we will focus on, are:
- How do individual differences contribute to explain entrepreneurial activity?
- How does entrepreneurship work among different regions and nations?
- How do new ventures decide to internationalize?
- How do organizations foster entrepreneurship?
- How do specific contexts (e.g., high-tech, social entrepreneurship, energy, medicine) influence the entrepreneurial process?
- Which methods of research are used in entrepreneurship research?
- What are the challenges in teaching entrepreneurship?
- How to teach entrepreneurship?
- Are there some differences in teaching entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship?
- What are the directions for future research on entrepreneurship education?
Before the summer school, we will invite you to prepare a poster presentation in which you will share with the other participants the entrepreneurial ecosystem of your city and/or country – this will allow you to learn more about your own city and to present it to your school peers.
During the school, you will be working in project groups to design, conduct and report research on a topic of your choice.
Additionally, you will engage in highly interactive sessions in which we will explore entrepreneurship research and applying them to practical cases and your own group research project. You will have ample opportunity to share and draw on each other’s culturally specific experience and knowledge.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some great cultural activities that the vibrant city of Turin has to offer!
The core of the teaching team are its founding fathers:
Prof. dr. A.J. Chepurenko, National Research University - Higher School of Economics
Prof. dr. A.J. Groen, University of Groningen
..and host team:
Prof. dr. Emilio Paolucci – Politecnico di Torino
Apart from them, the programme will feature guest lecturers on the core themes of the summer school, entrepreneurs and policy makers.
|Last modified:||31 March 2020 10.22 a.m.|