15 extremely professional cleaning tips for your student room
|Date:||19 September 2018|
Started at university, and already overwhelmed at how much time and energy it takes to keep your house clean?
Here are 15 extremely professional (and totally useful) cleaning tips for your student room.
Here we go!
1. Lick your plates: You’ll never have to do dishes ever again.
2. If licking your plates is too much effort, buy plastic cups, plates, cutlery, clothes, and furniture. It’s easy to clean (throw it out - not the furniture), and cheap.
3. Never turn on the lights, so you can’t see the mess AND it's good for the environment, this way you can balance out your use of disposable utensils.
4. Buy a closet with doors at ikea (or just the doors if you already have an open closet). Now stuff your things in there and close it. Your room becomes miraculously clean.
5. Rotate clothes on a weekly basis - Now you don’t need to wash your clothes! When an outfit you’ve worn before comes back into rotation, it’s been so long everyone’s forgotten about it (that means it’s clean right?)
6. Wear fluffy socks at home and do some weird shuffle dance moves. No more vacuuming
7. Buy multiple garbage bins so you don't have to throw out the trash as often
8. Don’t clean your windows - it saves a lot of time.
9. Throw a Cinderella themed party and get everyone else to clean.
10. Roll up your carpet and move it to the side. Never need to clean that again.
11. Get a segway and attach it to your vacuum so you can trick yourself into cleaning while having fun.
12. Cover your room in plastic foil. When it gets dirty, throw it out, buy more foil and cover again.
13. Find a roommate with cleaning experience on their CV. Get a dog, they’ll clean up any crumbs you leave behind.
14. If you spill glitter (completely normal household things), use playdough to clean it up. It’s fast and efficient, and now you also have glittery playdough.
15. Advanced tip: friendzone someone so bad they’ll clean for you.
IF all else goes wrong and these tips don’t work, you can:
- Hire help and split the costs with your housemates.
- Lie down and cry.
- Move out.
What's your best tip for cleaning your room? ;-)