In order to quality for admission to the Honours Master, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- you are registered as a student on a Master's degree programme at the University of Groningen, for the full length of the Master's Honours Programme;
- you have a Bachelor’s degree with good to outstanding results, including a Bachelor’s thesis (or other final-year Bachelor’s project) with an above-average mark;
- good oral and written skills in English. Dutch students meet this requirement if they have passed their final secondary-school examination in English. Non Dutch students need to have passed one of these tests: a paper-based TOEFL test score of 580 (PBT), TOEFL 92 internet-based (IBT) or a computer-based TOEFL score of 237 (CBT). Equivalent test scores: IELTS 6.5, Cambridge Proficiency A, B, C (Cambridge Advanced English, CAE), a C1/C2 for the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) English test.
- you are motivated to achieve the goals of the programme: you want to develop and excel in the field of leadership and interdisciplinary approaches, and you are prepared to make extra commitments to achieve this;
- you have the potential to complete the Master’s Honours programme within the specified period, i.e. two consecutive semesters. This means, if your Master's degree is a one year programme, you will have to start with the Honours programme in the same semester as the start of your Master's degree programme. If your Master’s degree programme comprises two or more years, your Honours programme may start in another year as long as you have planned two consecutive semesters with a (nearly) full workload for both Master programmes;
- you have certain personal qualities, such as wide-ranging interests and the capacity for reflection and self-reflection; you are proactive, determined and independent.
|Last modified:||28 August 2018 1.58 p.m.|