When am I entitled to a student grant from DUO?
- you have registered as a full-time or dual student;
- you are under 30 years of age and you have not received a student grant before;
- you have Dutch nationality (or equivalent status);
- you have not yet exceeded the maximum period for a student grant;
- your additional earnings must not exceed the stipulated amount;
- it must be less than ten years since the first month in which you received a grant for higher education.
- you have a contract of employment for at least 56 hours per month (and you have been in the Netherlands for less than five years);
- you have your own bank/giro account in the Netherlands.