Information for Zimbabwean students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 30,000 students more than 7000 are international, coming from 120 different countries, including Ireland. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
We currently have around 19 students from Zimbabwe studying with us (one of the highest in the Netherlands). The majority are following a Bachelor’s programme with a steady increase undertaking Master’s and PhD programmes. Popular subject areas are Liberal Arts and Sciences and Law.
An absence of a language barrier, a vibrant student city, easy access to programmes combined with a low cost of living and tuition fees have proved to be an attractive option for Zimbabwean students.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, est 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Straightforward entry requirements for the Bachelor’s programmes
- Focused 4-block system offered in 2 semesters
- Excellent student facilities such career and support services, sports centres, libraries
- Wide selection of Master’s programmes to choose from after Bachelor’s graduation