Information for Indian students
Students from India make up the 11th largest student population at the University, and the 3rd largest non-European group. Many of these students are studying in our Nobel-Prize-winning Faculty of Science and Engineering. Other popular subject areas are Economics and Business, and Psychology. The majority of Indian students at the University of Groningen are enrolled in Master programmes.
More and more Indian students are realising that the Netherlands is a great place to get a world-class education in English. Tuition fees are often comparatively lower than in the UK or USA.
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 32,000 students more than 7000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This makes Groningen a truly international study city. Over 25% of the population are students.
Why choose Groningen
- Top 100 globally-ranked university, established 1614
- Over 180+ English-taught degree programmes
- Stay and work in the Netherlands (or any Schengen country) after graduation
- Excellent student facilities such career- and support services, sports centers, libraries
- Groningen enjoys one of the lowest rates of crime of any city - a safe and comfortable place to study
- If you are interested, you can also learn Dutch for free while you study - useful if you would like to live in the Netherlands more permanently