Information for German Students
The University of Groningen has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. Of our 30,000 students nearly 6,000 are international, coming from 120 different countries. This creates a truly international experience.
Our German students pursue a variety of bachelor’s and master’s programmes across our 11 faculties. Popular subject areas include Arts and Humanities, Economics and Business, Psychology, Science and Engineering, Medicine and Law. Students from Germany make up the 2nd largest student population at the University of Groningen.
Why choose Groningen?
- Top 100 globally-ranked university
- Over 180 English-taught degree programmes
- Focused block system as opposed to long semesters
- Young, lively, and vibrant student city - over 25% of the population are students
- Kick start an international academic and professional network
Meet us in Germany
- Vocatium Fair Münster: October 19-20, 2019
- College Night Düsseldorf: October 23, 2019
- Master & Bachelor and More Cologne: November 9-10, 2019
- COEMBO Coesfeld: November 16, 2019
- Master and More Frankfurt: November 30, 2019
- Master & Bachelor and More Hamburg: December 6-7, 2019
- Master and More Münster: January 25, 2020
- Master and More Düsseldorf: April 4, 2020
Information for applicants in Germany
I can not imagine a better student city than Groningen! The city is young, vibrant, and offers countless possibilities to develop yourself - both professionally and personally. The Bachelor of Media Studies enables me to explore the broad horizons of the media landscape, and to tackle a variety of projects with fellow international students.
- Antonia Unger, Bachelor of Media Studies
|Last modified:||19 September 2019 10.46 a.m.|