Top 5 FAQ
How can I activate my University card?You can activate your University account at the Password Self Service Portal.
- Type your student number (the 'S' included).
- Click on 'activate account'.
- You will receive an access code and further instructions in your private email. This is the email address that you specified in Studielink.
When can I activate my University account?This depends on the starting date of your degree programme.
- Starting date 1 September: You can use your account immediately with an active application
Other starting date:: You can use your account
immediately with an active application
Are you an exchange student, guest student or course participant? Then your University account will be created 3 months before the starting date of your programme.
In order to access your student account you first need to arrange the registration of the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
How can I upload a photo for my University card?Upload your photo via the app 'Enrollment and photo' under RUG tools on Student Portal (log in with your S-number and password).
For more information see manual How to upload your photo for your student card.
For which date do I have to pay the tuition fees?Pay the tuition fees or arrange a (digital) direct debit payment before the start date of your degree programme. For example:
- Start date 1 September: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 August.
- Start date 1 February: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 January.
- If you start on 1 September, you pay (initially) for twelve months.
- If you start on 1 February, you pay for the period from February to August (seven months). If you continue with your degree programme as of 1 September, you will pay again from 1 September to 31 August.
How do I register for modules and examinations?
How do I get a statement of enrolment?