Top 5 FAQ
Application fee for students with a foreign diploma
- What is an application fee?
- How much is the application fee?
- Can I get the application fee back?
- Do I have to pay an application fee for every application?
- Who has to pay the application fee?
- Are there exemptions?
- What should I do if I am eligible for exemption?
- Can you tell me if I am eligible for admission before I send in my application?
- Payment application fee
Is Student Information & Administration closed during the Holidays?Yes, Student Information & Administration is closed from 24 December 2022 to 1 January 2023.
How can I activate my University card?You can activate your University account at the Password Self Service Portal.
- Type your student number (the 'S' included).
- Click on 'activate account'.
- You will receive an access code and further instructions in your private email. This is the email address that you specified in Studielink.
When can I activate my University account?
This depends on the starting date of your degree programme.
- Starting date 1 September: You can use your account immediately with an active application
Other starting date:: You can use your account
immediately with an active application
Are you an exchange student, guest student or course participant? Then your University account will be created 3 months before the starting date of your programme.
In order to access your student account you first need to arrange the registration of the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
How can I upload a photo for my University card?Upload your photo via the app 'Statement of enrollment and photo' under UG tools on Student Portal (log in with your S-number and password).
For more information see manual How to upload your photo for your student card.
For which date do I have to pay the tuition fees?Pay the tuition fees or arrange a (digital) direct debit payment before the start date of your degree programme.
- Start date 1 September: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 August*.
- Start date 1 February: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 January*.
An academic year runs from 1 September to 31 August.
- If you start on 1 September, you pay (initially) for twelve months.
- If you start on 1 February, you pay for the period from February to August (seven months). If you continue with your degree programme as of 1 September, you will pay again from 1 September to 31 August.
If you deregister, you may be entitled to a refund of (part of) the tuition fees.
* For non-EU students, other deadlines may apply due to immigration procedure.
View this page in: Nederlands