Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Education Student Information and Administration Frequently asked questions SIA Tuition fees

Payment possibilities: bank not based in SEPA country

  • How can I pay my tuition fees?

    From a bank not based in a SEPA country, you can pay your tuition fees in the following ways:

    Bachelor's degree programme

    Master's degree programme

  • For which date do I have to pay the tuition fees?

    Pay the tuition fees or arrange a (digital) direct debit payment before the start date of your degree programme.

    For example:
    • Start date 1 September: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 August*.
    • Start date 1 February: the university must have received your payment no later than 31 January*.
    Please note:
    An academic year runs from 1 September to 31 August.
    • If you start on 1 September, you pay (initially) for twelve months.
    • If you start on 1 February, you pay for the period from February to August (seven months). If you continue with your degree programme as of 1 September, you will pay again from 1 September to 31 August.

    If you deregister, you may be entitled to a refund of (part of) the tuition fees.

    * For non-EU students, other deadlines may apply due to immigration procedure.

    Ask your question

  • What happens if I pay my tuition fees late?

    As long as you have not paid your tuition fees you are not officially registered. This will have consequences for
    • your student grant from DUO,
    • student travel pass (DUO),
    • computer account,
    • access to the University Library,
    • access to other University facilities.

    Ask your question

  • What are the payment details of the University of Groningen (BIC code/ IBAN)?

    You can transfer the entire amount to account number NL84ABNA0425600904 of 'Rijksuniversiteit Groningen', stating ‘onderwijsgelden’. Also state your student number or your name, initials and date of birth.

    If you transfer the amount from a foreign account in another currency, also state the University’s BIC or SWIFT code: ABNANL 2A. The address of the ABN AMRO Bank.N.V. is Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, 1082 PP Amsterdam.

    Ask your question

  • What happens if my bank balance is insufficient for the tuition fees to be debited?

    In that case, we cannot debit the tuition fees. We recommend that you make the payment yourself.

    Ask your question

  • Do I have to pay tuition fees if I do not take any courses?

    Yes, as long as you are registered, you have to pay tuition fees, even if you are not taking any courses.

    Ask your question

  • When will the instalments be debited from my account

    The instalments will be collected in the last week of the months September, November, January, March and May.

    Each instalment is a fifth of your tuition fees plus the one-off administration fee.

    More information can be found on the following pages of our website:

    Ask your question

  • Wat is een BBC/ ik studeer aan meerdere instellingen hoe kan ik hier/daar betalen?

    Een Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC) is een bewijsstuk waaruit blijkt dat je het wettelijk collegegeld hebt betaald. Dit bewijsstuk heb je nodig als je, naast de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, ook ingeschreven wilt staan bij een andere instelling in het hoger onderwijs.

    Je vraagt een BBC op de volgende manier aan:
    • Via Studielink kun je aangeven dat je via een BBC wil betalen
    • Vul het Aanvraagformulier verklaring in en het BBC wordt gestuurd naar de instelling waar je je ook wilt inschrijven.
    Je krijgt alleen een BBC als je officieel staat ingeschreven. Dit houdt o.a. in dat je het verschuldigde collegegeld hebt betaald of dat je machtigingsformulier is verwerkt.

    Ask your question

  • Can I receive an invoice? If so, how?

    Your employer or somebody else can pay your tuition fees by

    • a direct debit payment or a personal payment instruction to their bank.
    • an invoice. Fill in the form Application invoice and the payer of your tuition fees will receive an invoice. This will not be possible anymore once the academic year is started. 


    Please contact the Student Information & Administration.

    Ask your question

  • Hoe kan ik mijn rekeningnummer of betaalwijze wijzigen?

    Als je je betalingsgegevens in Studielink hebt ingevoerd en bevestigd, kun je deze gegevens niet meer wijzigen.

    Heb je een fout gemaakt of wil je toch op een andere manier betalen? Neem dan contact op met Studenten Informatie & Administratie

    Ask your question

View this page in: Nederlands