#TheCityIsOurCampus: 8th till 10th of December
|Datum:||07 december 2017|
Party plans & party picks
- DOT party: Christmas Vrijmibo XL
- DJ Tom Trago at OOST
- Sunday in the Club at Oost
- Machtig at Simplon
- Acid at Simplon
- Should have been there at KopjeK
- Disco on Ice at Grote Markt
Swedish christmas market
The Swedish christmas market is coming to Groningen on December 9th and 10th, at the Suikerfabriek. Be there for delicious Swedish food - think meatballs, or for the sweet-tooths out there, cinnamon buns; Christmas music; and the Swedish cultural concept ‘fika’, which is basically relaxing with coffee and snacks (what’s not to like?).
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Another christmas, another Star Wars movie. If you really can’t wait to see it, don’t miss the Star Wars event Wednesday morning at Pathé and be one of the first to experience The Last Jedi on the big screen. Want to stay in? The Crown Season 2 is on Netflix from Dec 8th!
I often get the feeling that I should exercise, but don’t want to. That’s when I decide that watching sports is a good alternative (a game of FIFA also helps). Next week, there are some cool matches in Groningen
- Watch football at FC Groningen - The pride of the North, FC Groningen, are playing on Wednesday at 18:30 against PSV Eindhoven, who are top of the Dutch league right now. The tickets are only €10,- for students!
- Bounce on down to Donar for a Basketball game - It’s a top two clash in the Dutch basketball league on Saturday at 19:30, as Donar, from Groningen, face ZZ Leiden, from -you guessed it - Leiden, at MartiniPlaza. You can get tickets here!
Do you have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear? The USVA O-Swap event Friday the 8th December gives you the opportunity to bring clothes that you don’t wear anymore and exchange them for other swapper's pieces.
Groninger Museum Romanticism in the North
'Romanticism in the North: From Friedrich to Turner', is the first international survey exhibition of northern European Romantic landscape painting. Discover more than 95 works from the Netherlands, Germany, Scandinavia and Great Britain!
ESN Introduction Week ticket sale open
If you aren’t in Groningen yet and want the ideal start to your time here, buy a ticket for the ESN Introduction Week. It is a week full of activities for new international students in Groningen - a must to start your time here right. If you want to know what the week is like, read the post from our blogger Brielle about her experience. Already in Groningen? You can sign-up to be a volunteer, or to be an introduction guide.
Alright, hope you guys have a great weekend. Did we miss any events or do you have tips for next week? Leave a comment to let us know.