Matching at the UG
Matching is a way for first year students of a Bachelor’s degree programme without a selection procedure to find out whether their chosen degree programme matches with what they want.
If you want to register as a first year student for the 2023/2024 academic year for a Bachelor's degree programme without a selection procedure, you must do so no later than 1 May 2023. That is a statutory requirement. When you have applied via Studielink on time, you are entitled to participate in a matching activity. Through matching you can find out whether your chosen Bachelor's degree programme matches with what you want. Every Bachelor's degree programme has a different matching procedure. After you have registered for a degree programme via Studielink, you will automatically receive a message explaining the procedure for the degree programme of your choice.
There is compulsory matching for programmes in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences (with the exception of the Bachelor's programme in Pedagogical Sciences & AOLB)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences (Bachelor’s degree in Human Movement Sciences)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Spatial Sciences (Bachelor's programme in Spatial Planning and Design)
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
If you apply as a regular first-year student to a Bachelor's degree programme via Studielink with a Dutch certificate as a previous education, you will receive via Studielink messages about your matching process. If you have a non-Dutch certificate, your admission will be handled by the Admissions Office and the Admissions Board of the degree programme you are applying for.
Bachelor's degree programmes with a numerus fixus or another selection procedure do not have matching.
- Check out the frequently asked questions about matching
- The procedures and dates of the matching activities differ for each degree programme. For the exact procedure we recommend checking the matching page of your degree programme (faculty) or contact the matching coordinator of your faculty. If necessary, you can visit the faculty page to check the faculty of your programme. The dates about the matching activities for the year 2023/2024 will be shown in the beginning of 2023.
- The Student Service Desk (SSC) can support you if you have any questions about studying and being a student after the matching procedure.
|Faculty of Arts||
|Faculty of Law||
Faculty of Philosophy
|Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies||
|Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences||
|Faculty of Science and Engineering||
|Faculty of Spatial Sciences||
|Faculty of Medical Sciences (matching only applies to the BSc Human Movement Science)||
|Faculty of Economics and Business||
Questions about study choice?
The Student Service Centre (SCC) of the University of Groningen offers support if you have study choice questions.
Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.
|Last modified:||14 September 2022 12.35 p.m.|