Science, Technology and Innovation Network Groningen for Sustainability
STINGS: this is the name of the interdisciplinary working group Science, Technology and Innovation Network Groningen for Sustainability. Members of this group are engaged in various projects in the field of sustainability , such as the use and regulation of biotechnology in Africa, to tackle urban vulnerabilities, to spark innovation in the field of potato breeding and to advance technological and societal innovation in support of local energy initiatives.
The STINGS working group already conducts and facilitates research and training for students and professionals in Kenya, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, and South Africa through its ERAFRICA and EDULINK-FSBA projects. The latest promising addition to these successful enterprises is the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie RISE PRUV project. In support of ‘Preparedness and Resilience to address Urban Vulnerabilities’, no less than €700,000 of the €1,200,000 European grant that is awarded to a consortium led by Globalisation Studies Groningen (GSG) will be allocated by the University of Groningen (UG).
The group strives for sustainability in the social, scenic and environmental sense. With this approach STINGS hopes to contribute to stable and sustainable societies in developing countries, as well as outside Africa.
- Boosting local sustainable energy initiatives with innovative technology
- FSBA project: Food Security and Biotechnology in Africa
- Responsible innovation in Dutch potato breeding
- SOCBIOAfri: Addressing social challenges of biotechnology in Africa. Towards balanced Innovation
- Marie Curie ITN PRUV: Preparedness and Resilience for Urban Vulnerability
- K. (Koen) Beumer, MSc
- dr. P. (Pieter) Boele van Hensbroek
- prof.dr. L. (Lubbert) Dijkhuizen
- prof.dr. M.P. (Menno P.) Gerkema
- prof.dr. J. (Joost) Herman
- drs. J.J. (Tienke) Koning
- C.D. (Caspar) Roelofs, MSc
- prof.dr. C. (Caspar) Schweigman
- dr. J.A.A. (Sjaak) Swart
- dr. P.D.M. (Peter) Weesie
- dr. H.J. (Henny J.) van der Windt
|Last modified:||18 February 2020 09.31 a.m.|