Young Alumni Network
The University of Groningen (UG) has established the Young Alumni Network (YAN) to offer alumni up to the age of 35 a professional and social network. It is important to the UG that after graduation alumni will stay in touch with both the University, with each other and work on their careers.
Through events, the network provides a unique opportunity to connect with other young alumni who are in the same (career) phase. To support you in your career and personal development, to develop new skills and actively get started with your career. But also to stay involved with the University and for fun.
I go to the Young Alumni Network because:
- "It is a good occasion to meet like-minded people".
- "The atmosphere and communication are good, and the events are useful".
- "It is very inspirational, it has helped me to decide on my next career step".
By participating in the Young Alumni Network (JAN), you get:
- A unique opportunity to get in touch with young alumni from different backgrounds, but who are simultaneously in the same career phase.
- Support in your career and personal development
- More involvement with the university
- The possibility to extend your network in a fun and educational way.
The next meeting will be on 2nd of September in Groningen and is organised in cooperation with Studium Generale and the Aduarder Kring.
The committee plans and organizes all activities together with the Alumni Relations & Fundraising department. The commission consists of a team of volunteers, and are also young alumni themselvess:
- Nicole Dijk, Medicines 2011
- Ties Herfst, Law and Governance 2017
- Nathalie Horsting, Science Education and Communication 2016
- Thomas Kamphuis, Socio-spatial planning 2017
- Jasper Ottens, International Financial Management 2016
- Coosje de Vries, Onderwijskunde 2012
Do you have suggestions for interesting activities or questions. Please contact: Elise Kamphuis via firstname.lastname@example.org of 050 363 7595.
|Last modified:||17 October 2019 12.07 p.m.|