The secondary palette has been developed for future extensions of the house style. As a rule, the colours from this palette should not be used. Possible exceptions to this rule are:
- highly specific documents in the house style that have a special character, e.g. gold in degree certificates
- situations where less prominent colours are required (e.g. painting of buildings)
If you want to use any of the colours from the secondary palette, you must request the approval of the Communication Office (email@example.com).
Please note that these colours may not be used to identify subdivisions of the University.
RUG purple RUG dark blue RUG green
RUG burgundy RUG grey
RUG gold RUG silver
The primary and secondary colour palettes have been specified for several colour systems:
- PMS Pantone for printing in spot colour in one or more print runs
- CMYK for full-colour printing
- RGB for screen-viewing applications
- RAL colours for paintwork
- 3M Film colours for stickers, etc.
The colours specified have been selected ‘by hand’. They have not been created by means of software conversion. The CMYK value for ‘RUG red’, for example, is different from the value generated by Adobe Photoshop through PMS-CMYK conversion.
If one or more of the colours are used in a non-specified colour system, the PMS value must be approximated as closely as possible.
|Last modified:||02 August 2018 12.30 p.m.|