Staff members with discipline Polymer Science
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
+31 50 36 34486
Analysis of polymers
+31 6 3192 1740
- rubber chemistry & technology: crosslinking chemistry, rubber blends, structure-properties relationships, thermoplastic vulcanisates, mixing
- polymer modification: reactive extrusion, free-radical grafting, reactive blending, compatibilisation
- chemical analysis of polymers
+31 50 36 34517
Our research efforts can roughly be divided into projects centered on the design of new enzymatic polymerization/monomer synthesis techniques and projects aiming at the synthesis and the study of/utilization of the self-assembly of block copolymers. Please use the links below to learn more.
+31 50 36 35397
+31 50 36 34453
Thin Polymer Films, Hybrid polymer/nanoparticles systems.
X-ray based structural characterization techniques.
Small-Angle and Wide-Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS/WAXS).
+31 50 36 38201
- synthesis of polymers via ATRP and RAFT (controlled radical polymerization)
- solution properties and self-assembly of amphiphilic polymers
- polymer colloids
- responsive polymers/composites for soft robotics and smart sensing applications
- chemical enhanced oil recovery
- smart polymers for controlled release (agrochemical, drug delivery)
- bio-based building blocks for sustainable and biodegradable materials
- thermally reversible polymers based on Diels-Alder chemistry
+31 50 361 6066