Staff members with discipline Pharmacy
Academia develops at the interface of different fields. This is one reason why the University of Groningen is home to a wide range of fields, each with a great number of subject specialists. The overview below, which is based on a standard categorization of fields, will help you find the right expert for each field. If you cannot find the expert you are looking for in this list, try searching via a related field or faculty; you may find him or her there.
+31 50 361 4071
- Bachelor projects Molecular Pharmacology
- Master projects Molecular Pharmacology
- Pharmacology of Chronic Diseases and Aging
- MG: Endocrine system, Respiratory tract and Digestive Tract
- MG: Circulatory Tract- Collected Medicine Groups
- Academic research and communication skills (1, 2 and 3)
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dept. of Symptom Research, Houston, TX, USA: postdoctoral researcher (2020-2022)
- Semmelweis University, Dept. of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Budapest, Hungary: assistant research fellow (2015-2019); assistant professor (2019)
- National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition, Budapest, Hungary: external clinical study evaluator (2018)
Research interests: pain; neuropathic pain; cancer pain; opioids; renin-angiotensin system; glycine transporters; neuro-immune interactions.
* Docent professionele ontwikkeling in Bachelor en Master geneeskunde
+31 50 36 33162 /050 3637 881
+31 50 361 4071
He obtained his PharmD and PhD at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands), where his thesis focused on the cost-effectiveness of adherence enhancing interventions in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). After his PhD research, he completed fellowships at the University of Colorado (USA), Monash University (Australia) and the Hospital Universitario Son Espases (Spain).
He is (co)author of >150 scientific publications (H-index: 37), supervisor of 10 PhD students and received several research prices & grants (totalling>€6 million). He is Chair of the European Respiratory Society CRC on digital respiratory health "CONNECT", Chair of the Dutch respiratory pharmacists group (KNMP SIG Long), former Boardmember of the Dutch young Medicines Evaluation Board (Jong CBG), ZonMW-GGG committee member, Scientific lead of the Lung Alliance Netherlands (LAN) National Medication Adherence Program, expert research faculty at the IPCRG & EAACI, Editorial Board member of various peer-reviewed journals and has an extensive international network (e.g. ERS, IPCRG, EAACI, ISPE, REG, ESPACOMP, ISPOR).
Having interest and wide experience in both medication adherence and health economic methods, his mission is to find novel, cost-effective ways to make better, personalized use of our respiratory medications in order to maximize both patients’ and societal benefits.
Through multidisciplinary research, education and care support, he aims to provide means to accelerate implementation of drug-device technologies (digital inhalers, electronic pill bottles & blisters and smart spacers) and practical adherence monitoring & management tools (e.g. the TAI Toolkit) in daily clinical practice, to ultimately optimize patient, economic and societal outcomes.
- Methods & application: medication adherence, compliance, persistence, e-health, smart inhalers, bottles and spacers, digital adherence technology, (pharmaco) epidemiology, real-world drug outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, health economics, burden of disease, budget impact, health technology assessment, cost-effectiveness.
- Disease focus areas: Asthma / COPD / TB / CF/ Lung cancer
+31 50 361 7893
+31 50 36 38667
+31 50 36 33285
Dry powder inhalation
+31 50 36 33414
Prof. Hak is program director of the two-year Groningen Research Master Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences. As a director he implemented innovations regarding the extension of research tracks including Pharmaceutical Design & Engineering, Drug Toxicology &Translational Technologies and Pharmacoepidemiology & -Economics. With these tracks the complete drug development cycle can be studied within MPS. He further introduced a strong mentorate for students, monitoring of research projects, clear selection criteria for examiners and committee evaluations of research projects, which resulted in a Top-label in 2017 and 2019 by the influential Dutch Keuzegids (MPS belongs to the top-10% best master educations in the Netherlands). As educational director Pharmacy (>100 faculty) he applies his broad expertise to lead the cluster Pharmacy, also in close collaboration with sister Faculties.
+31 50 36 38707
+31 50 36 37576
+31 50 361 7859
Radiopharmacy, molecular imaging
+31 50 36 33254
For more details See Publications in Google Scolar
+31 50 36 32558
PhD research in teaching and learning patient-centered care;
communication skills for pharmacists, with special interest in interprofessional and multicultural communication; pharmaceutical care
+31 50 361 6849
+31 50 36 32567
+31 50 36 38205
Teacher of the year Master Farmacie 2019, 2021
+31 6 5381 9007
+31 50 361 7877
+31 50 361 7107