prof. dr. W.M. Lowie
My teaching in the English Department concentrates on English phonetics and and on the development of English as a second language (BA and MA). In the department of Applied Linguistics and in the Research Master Linguistics I teach courses on statistics and methodology and on theoretical perspectives on language learning (MA en Minor). I teach research methodology in the Research Master Linguistics.
Some courses I have developed and taught in the passed few years are:
- English Structures & Sounds - Phonetics and Phonology
- English Morphology
- English Proficiency (levels I to V)
- New Sounds: the development of a second language sound system
- The multilingual mental lexicon
- Theoretical Perspectives on Second Language Development
- Research Methodology and Statistics for Applied Linguistics
- Statistics (Research Master Language & Cognition)
- Language & Speech Technology
At all levels in my teaching I try to make the link to developments in research.
I was elected as the Faculty of Arts Teacher of the Year in 2011
|Last modified:||19 October 2014 4.31 p.m.|