prof. dr. M. (Marian) Joëls
Marian Joëls obtained her PhD degree in Utrecht (1984) with David de Wied. She carried out postdoctoral research at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla California. Between 1991 and 2009 she was appointed at the University of Amsterdam, first as associate professor and subsequently as full professor in neurobiology. In 2009 she was appointed as (full) professor of neuroscience in Utrecht and scientific director of Brain Center Rudolf Magnus. Since September 2016, she is professor of Neurobiology of Environmental Factors, and Dean / Board member of the UMCG.
Marian Joëls was elected as a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2002 and of the Hollandsche Maatschappij der Wetenschappen in 2016. She served as President of the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies between 2012 and 2014.
Main personal fellowships and awards
- ZonMW TOP Grants (main applicant), 2013, 2007 and 2002
- NWO Gravitation grant 'Consortium Individual Development' (co-applicant), 2012
- Kraepelin Honorary Professor at the MPI for Psychiatry, 2007
- Mortyn Jones Memorial Medal from the BSN, 2000
- NWO Pioneer career grant, 1996
|Last modified:||25 June 2022 09.28 a.m.|