dr. ir. G.H. Jonker
- 2014 – current Head IEM Design Group
The IEM (Industrial Engineering and Management) Design Group ia in the charge of design education, in terms of course units and Bachelor or Master thesis work.
2012 – current Program Director Bachelor of IEM
As deputy director in the UnderGraduate School of the Faculty Mathematics and Natural Sciences, I am Program Director of the Bachelor of IEM. Recent large (educational) projects are: contributor to Pilot International Classroom RUG (2014-2015), Academic and Engineering Skills (2015 – ) and Learning Communities (2015 - ).
2007 – current Lecturer IEM
Bachelor course units: Orientation to IEM, IEM Methods and Design, IEM Integrated Design Project. Master course units: Sustainability for Engineers en Research Methodology. Supervision of Bachelor en Master afstudeerprojecten.
2007 – 2012 Chair Program Committee IEM
Key issues were visitation of IEM (2012) and academic and engineering skills.
- 2005-2011 Board member Dutch Process Technology Association (NPT)
NPT stands for Nederlandse Procestechnologen, which represents the chemical engineering community in the Netherlands. As NPT member, I participated in the organising committee of the annual Dutch chemical engineering conference, and, as secretary, in the second European conference on Producttechnology, in November 2004.
- 2002-2003 Educational coach (part-time)
As trainer and educational advisor at the educational support department, I participated in restructuring the educational program for staff development.
- 2000-2002 Lecturer (part-time)
Lecturer at Chemical Engineering for course units and practicals for Bachelor and Master Cycle.
- 1997-2007 Independent consultant
Main focus was chemical engineering, for research activities and consultancy, such as for the four-year EU research project 'ASHLI'. Educational activities were on new course units of the recently founded IEM program of UoG.
- 1991 – 1995 PhD
My thesis work was entitled ‘Hydrogenation of edible oils and fats’ (heterogeneous catalysis). Within my PhD, I had the supervison of twelve thesis work of Master students.
2014 – 2015 Senior Kwalificatie Onderwijs (Senior course on Educational training), University of Groningen
2013 – 2014 Academic Leadership, four day course at ‘hpf consulting’
2001 – 2002 Didactic education, finalized with the certificate ‘Basisopleiding RUG-docent’.
1991 – 1995 PhD courses.
1985 – 1991 Chemical Engineering at the University of Groningen.
Publications and reports
- Invited key note lecture ´Learning and teaching IEM-engineering design in its social context´, the conference European Professors on Industrial Engineering and Management, Technical University of Graz, Austria, May 2014.
- Education on (bio)chemical product and process technology as a design and science discipline, Oral Presentation, European Conference on Chemical Engineering, The Hague, April 2013
- Engineering for Sustainability. A practical guide for Sustainable Design. G.H. Jonker and G.J. Harmsen. Elsevier, 2012. In 2013 translated into Spanish.
- Training engineers to cope with complexity introduced by incorporating sustainability, G.H. Jonker and G.J. Harmsen, Engineering Education on Sustainable Development (EESD), Oral Presentation, 2010, Goteborg, Sweden.
- Sustainability for Engineers: MSc course Personal professional assessment. Engineering Education on Sustainable Development (EESD), Oral Presentation, 2008, Graz, Austria.
- ‘Seven essential steps for chemical engineering and product technology for the university of Groningen’. G.H. Jonker, H.J. Heeres en R.M. Voncken. Bijdrage aan het World Congress on Chemical Engineering in juli 2005 in Glasgow.
- ‘Many facets of Product technology’. R.M.Voncken, H.J.Heeres, A.A. Broekhuis en G.H.Jonker. Chem. Eng. Research and Design, 82 (11), 1411-1424, 2004.
- Readers for ‘Technologie en Maatschappij’, ‘Inleiding Procestechnologie’, ‘Meerfasen reactoren’, Orientatie TBK (Orientation to IEM), IEM Methods and Design.
- Readers for educational support department of the University of Groningen
- Reports of consultancy projects.
- Hydrogenation of edible oils and fats. Thesis of University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands, 1999. Jonker, G.H. Four papers in Industrial Engineering Chemical Research.
|Last modified:||04 August 2015 3.43 p.m.|