prof. dr. ir. C. Smit
Involved in the following BSc & MSc courses (Ecology and Evolution):
- Ecologie en Gedrag
- 1e jaars symposium
- Flora & Fauna cursus (coordinator)
- Research Course Community Ecology
- Research Proposal Ecology and Evolution (coordinator)
- Minor Congres
- Principles of Marine Biology
- Conservation Ecology Practices (coordinator)
Titles of finished and ongoing MSc research projects (Ecology and Evolution). Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) when interested in these or related themes for your MSc project:
- Christina Lijclama a Nije: “Making a new house feel like home: Optimal foraging movements and behaviour in introduced African ungulates”. May 2017 (ongoing, with Frank Langenvelde, WUR).
- Sanne Moedt: “Effects of geese on high arctic ponds”. April 2017 (ongoing, with Maarten Loonen)
- Jelle Wichers: “The impact of wolves on meso-predator activity in the Białowieza Primeval forest”. March 2017 (ongoing)
- Koen Brouwer: “Fear of humans? Effect of human disturbance on tree regeneration”. Feb 2017 (ongoing)-
- Maarten Doornkamp: “Water soldier (Stratiotes aloides) as morphology as indicator for success of the green hawker (Aeshna viridis)”. April 2017 (with Christophe Brochard).
- Sanne Moedt: “Food availability for breeding birds (Meadow Pipits) on a high salt marsh with different grazing treatments”. March 2017.
- Marjanne Havinga: “How do Dutch deer react to predator cues?”. Feb 2017
- Jesse Jorna: “Summer abundance of arctic arthropods; relations to environmental and vegetation changes”. Nov 2016 (with Maarten Loonen).
- Erik van Haeringen: “Long-term impacts of geese and hare grazing on vegetation dynamics along successional salt marsh gradient”. Dec 2016.
- Wypkelien van Guldener, July 2016. “Effects of different grazing regimes on voles in the salt marshes of Noard- Fryslân Bûtendyks”.
- Charis Döring, Jan 2016 (University Hamburg/ RUG). “Impact of the mound building common yellow ant Lasius flavus on vegetation diversity, plant composition and soil conditions in salt marshes”.
- Jildou Schotanus, Oct 2015. “Ecology of fear in closed canopy forest in Bialowieza National Park, Poland”.
- Mark Eerkens, Aug 2015. “Facilitation as driver of evolutionary adaptation under increased environmental stress”.
- Martijn van der Ende, Jan 2015 (VU/RUG). “Behaviour, habitat use and prey preference of feral cats during the breeding season of ground nesting birds on Schiermonnikoog”.
- Kasper Eising, Dec 2014. “The effects of drought and grazing pressure on the physiology and morphology of the protégé species Anthyllis cytisoides in SE Spain”.
- Aron te Winkel, Dec 2014. “Plant-plant interaction and local adaptation in a grazed salt marsh”.
- Nieck Kromkamp, July 2014. “Recruitment limitation of Juniper in Drenthe”.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||09 januari 2018 20:52|