The Top Master programme in Nanoscience has a two-year curriculum (equivalent to 120 ECTS). New students can commence with the programme once each year, around 1 September. For a good overview, we present the two-year curriculum at a glance in this pdf-document. In short, the first year starts with lectures, self study, and exercises. The second year is mainly focussed on the master thesis project.
These are the main elements of the curriculum:
- Weeks 1 to 5 are for Guided self-study, to remedy any deficiencies a student may have.
- Weeks 6 to 22 comprise the Core modules.
- The remainder of the program consists of four individual projects, with a few elective courses in parallel:
- Weeks 23 to 43 are reserved for Electives, for writing a Review paper and for participating in a Small research project, culminating in a symposium presentation.
- The second year will concentrate on further Electives, writing a PhD research proposal, and for the largest part on the Master thesis project.
Below, an overview of year 1 and year 2 is provided.
Overview of the whole programme in Ocasys: Master's degree programme Nanoscience
The number between brackets indicates the number of acquired ECTS per course unit from 2020-2021.
|Semester 1||Semester II|
|Period Ia wk 1-5||Period Ia wk 6-10||Period Ib wk 11-22||Period IIa wk 23-32||Period IIb wk 33-43|
|Guided Self-study in Nanoscience (6)||Preparation of Nanomaterials and Devices (10)||Review Paper (6)|
|Characterization of Nanomaterials and Devices (8)||Small Research Project and Symposium (13)|
|Fundamental and Functional Properties of Nanomaterials and Devices (11)||Electives, see above|
|Last modified:||21 October 2020 6.27 p.m.|