The Centre for Landscape Studies attaches great importance to a strong interaction with all those that engage in landscape studies or landscape policy and management as a professional or volunteer. That’s why one of the main goals of our centre is to exchange and disseminate scientific landscape knowledge by means of symposia, landscape courses, websites, scientific excursions and study trips, as well as other activities.
- Landscape courses: The Centre for Landscape Studies regularly organises scientific landscape courses for professionals and volunteers who are interested in the past, present and future of our landscapes.
- Open courses: The Centre for Landscape Studies yearly opens part of its bachelor and master courses for participants outside our university.
- Scientific study trips and excursions: The Centre for Landscape Studies partly opens its scientific study trips to Southern England and Northern Italy for a selection of professionals outside our university.
- Symposia: The Centre for Landscape Studies two-yearly organises a landscape symposium in which staff members, PhD students as well as master students present their ongoing research projects. Moreover, the Centre regularly organises in close cooperation with the Stichting Van der Wyck-de Kempenaer the Henri van der Wijck Symposium, dedicated to the study of country houses and landed estates.
- Websites: The Centre for Landscape Studies develops and maintains several landscape websites such as the website Landscapes of the Northern Netherlands as well as the website Signposts of the Landscape.
|Last modified:||23 July 2017 10.44 p.m.|